Lexicon MX-300
TC D-Two
Digitech TSR-24s
Alesis Quadraverb
Alesis Midiverb 4
Yamaha REV-500
Yamaha SPX-90
Akai HV-10

Mixed with Protools 10HD on a C|24 using Focal Solo 6BE monitors. Only plugins used were some EQ on sources, a little widening on the vocals. 12 plugins in total. All the compression, reverbs, delays and pitch effects are through hardware effects.
The whole mix is going through the Warm Audio 2 Bus, and in the most dynamic part of the song it's hitting around 8db of GR at peaks.

Cheers!

.mp3    Never Let Me Go.mp3 --  (Download: 7.08 MB)

*Protools, Avid C24 control surface, Waves, Plugin Alliance, Slate, Focal Solo 6BE, Universal Audio Apollo, RME Babyface. Outboard delays and reverbs: Lexicon, Yamaha, Digitech, T.C. Electronic
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Very nice mix. I impress with the equipment you used for the mix. Smile
Could you share with me which reverb you used for which tracks.
And also settings for the 2 Bus comp. I would be very grateful. Thanks  in advance Smile
(21-01-2022, 09:40 AM)Nikola Mikovic Wrote: Very nice mix. I impress with the equipment you used for the mix. Smile
Could you share with me which reverb you used for which tracks.
And also settings for the 2 Bus comp. I would be very grateful. Thanks  in advance Smile
Thanks! The lead vocal was a Quadraverb for reverb, and her delay throws were using a TC Dtwo delay into a lexicon Mx300 just to give the delays some ambience (you can hear this on the intro on the word “way”). I used the digitech TsR-24s with pitch detune (-5 on left, +3 on right) and is blended in such a way as not to be to “obvious”. But if you mute that effect return the vocal is a lot smaller. It’s a killer effect unit for pitch and chorus. I used the Yamaha rev 500 with a lot of predelay to add an echo sort of verb to the finger snaps. I timed
the Predelay to add to the groove and make it feel a little rushed to help it propel. The SPX 90 was the symphonic preset on bass. 

compression: warm audio 2 bus was 4:1 I believe and was snapping 8db on the biggest section but hardly hitting during the intimate sections. 300ms release. Medium attack. 

the DBX 118 was used on the guitar in the intro. This comp is great for quickly clamping down peaks. It only engages on the loudest plucks of the guitar just to even it out and not make it so poky. Her vocal was also into a Stam Audio 1176 ADG but not for compression. I just used it as a sort of tone box to add some colour to her vocal. I also used Rvox as a finisher on her vocal with a 1-2 db reduction. I actually took a video of the mix, if you send me your email I will gladly send it to you. Sometimes seeing it is better than explaining. 

I love outboard effect units. In my opinion, it gives such a unique flavour and its so easy to dial in, almost too easy. Those are the pieces I rely on. Plugins are fine, but not as magical IMHO. 

cheers!
*Protools, Avid C24 control surface, Waves, Plugin Alliance, Slate, Focal Solo 6BE, Universal Audio Apollo, RME Babyface. Outboard delays and reverbs: Lexicon, Yamaha, Digitech, T.C. Electronic
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
First of all, thank you for such an interesting and detail report, I am very grateful for your effort. Smile

I love outboard effect units. In my opinion, it gives such a unique flavour and its so easy to dial in, almost too easy. Those are the pieces I rely on. Plugins are fine, but not as magical IMHO.

I'll just give you a huge thumbs up for this statement Wink
I will send you my email for the video. Thanks once again.