Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How To Make Mirror (Excerpt Mix)
Really challenging working with such dense instrumentation and enjoyed trying to fit all the elements together.

.mp3    How To Make A Mirror 6 Mix 2.mp3 --  (Download: 1.99 MB)

(16-01-2022, 07:38 PM)TIMJAY Wrote: Really challenging working with such dense instrumentation and enjoyed trying to fit all the elements together.
Definitely not an easy jigsaw puzzle as they go but I'm enjoying your approach here, the reverb's giving me a bit of distance from the tune so I can sorta step back and appreciate without it punching me in the face. Thanks so much for having a play!
WhittenAnd
bit.ly/whittenand
I like that this mix is an attempt to both creativly and technically puzzle it all together to one piece. I also like the fact that you have used eq alot for the techical side (especially the vox, where you kept it more on the lower mid/ bassy), thats a smart move to commit 2 eairly because it lets you figure out where everything belongs in the spectra. This one just needs some more addatives, for example i believe theres alot of headroom left in sidechannels to push to gain alot of instruments. I for example (as i recall, could be wrong) used meldaplugins Vibrator plugin i think, or maybe it was the flanger, and added that in wide mode to gain some more volume out of the flutes.