Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
ShortWave RadioBand - SomeDay
Hi,

My attempt.

Cheers!

.mp3    ShortWave RadioBand - SomeDay.mp3 --  (Download: 7.14 MB)

Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
(14-01-2022, 10:23 PM)mikej Wrote: Hi,

My attempt.

Cheers!
Hi mikej! A good mix this one, but for me the room around the kick is too big for my taste. Anyway a good sounding mix. Cheers!
Hi Mikej!
Good mix. For my taste, there are 2 things that you can improve:
1.- Reduce around 1-3KHz the Kick. It sound a like a plastic.
2.- The room of the snare. I can hear only the room, but nothing about the impact.
Anyway, good work!
cheers
Pep from Pepus Estudi
Bus-Comp Warm-Audio, Focal Alpha 80, Klark Teknik 76-KT, Klark Teknik EQP-KT, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, X Touch One Behringer, Arturia MiniLab mkII, 
Mackie Big Knob, Sonarworks SoundID Reference,
Cakewalk by Bandlab
Cool compression on the kick and drums. Like this mix , it works even though its a bit to much on the warm side for my taste, but nothing major, a nice mix!
(15-01-2022, 12:21 AM)heinim Wrote: Hi mikej! A good mix this one, but for me the room around the kick is too big for my taste. Anyway a good sounding mix. Cheers!

Hi,

Apologies - I missed the replies on this one!

Thanks for checking it out - yeah I think it's more in the sample I picked, plus I was going for a bit of low end from it too.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
(15-01-2022, 09:17 AM)supep Wrote: Hi Mikej!
Good mix. For my taste, there are 2 things that you can improve:
1.- Reduce around 1-3KHz the Kick. It sound a like a plastic.
2.- The room of the snare. I can hear only the room, but nothing about the impact.
Anyway, good work!
cheers

Thanks for checking it out.

1. I dunno, I think I like the 3KHz on the kick! Big Grin
2. Yeah I get your point with the snare - thanks! I guess it is missing a touch of stick. I also pick up that I need to put a little more low back in after the compressor on occasion too.

Cheers!
(15-01-2022, 08:23 PM)crownoise Wrote: Cool compression on the kick and drums. Like this mix , it works even though its a bit to much on the warm side for my taste, but nothing major, a nice mix!

Hah, and I remember thinking at the time that it was maybe a bit on the bright side of things!

Thanks for the all the comments. Hopefully I will be back to checking out some more of your mixes soon... Not sure why but recently I am somehow finding it a bit difficult to feel I can comment objectively on some of the other mixes of things I have been spending quite a bit of time on. Maybe it's the weather or something?

Cheers!