Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skelpolu - Human Mistakes (ZX Mix)
(10-03-2014, 04:05 PM)Pedaling Prince Wrote: [...]
Remember that it's the listener who controls the volume knob, not you.[...] We all have our preferred listening volume; if you limit, all that happens is the listener will tend to turn down the volume to their preferred level.
[...]
Exactly - oooor the opposite even. That is why it HAS to be done to a comfortable level at least.
Every Drum & Bass listener listens to DnB on high volume. Imagine they listen to a bunch of random Tracks, all DnB. They gotta jump up to get to the volume knob in order to hear something once a track without limiter comes on.
I do agree that, on most genres, you don't need a limiter at all.
Drum & Bass, however - oh, ahahaha ... push it until it's at about 8 to a ( absolute maximum of only ) 6 DR.
It ain't about going against the stream, it's about satisfying your audience - and this audience wants it loud, needs it loud in order to enjoy music fluently.
I did a "limit-less" mix of it before, uploaded it and compared it to the mix I had before, but limited - it was quite clear that the dnb-community liked the lmiited one by far more.

(And just as a note: When I listened to dnb quietly, it ain't that bad with only so little dynamics either. after all, I only listen to it quietly when I do work or when I don't want to listen to music as the main priority )

But again, it's all about taste. I can only assure you that I will stick with the limiter, as it's also kind of art to make it loud while maintaining the sound. Dynamics are not everything, but also not nothing, in certain genres it just ain't that noticable and / or important.

Messages In This Thread
Skelpolu - Human Mistakes (ZX Mix) - by APZX - 08-03-2014, 03:51 PM
RE: Skepolu - Human Mistakes (ZX Mix) - by APZX - 09-03-2014, 03:23 AM
RE: Skepolu - Human Mistakes (ZX Mix) - by APZX - 09-03-2014, 01:55 PM
RE: Skepolu - Human Mistakes (ZX Mix) - by Skelpolu - 10-03-2014, 05:06 PM
RE: Skepolu - Human Mistakes (ZX Mix) - by APZX - 11-03-2014, 09:27 AM
RE: Skepolu - Human Mistakes (ZX Mix) - by pauli - 11-03-2014, 11:00 PM
RE: Skepolu - Human Mistakes (ZX Mix) - by APZX - 12-03-2014, 10:19 AM
RE: Skepolu - Human Mistakes (ZX Mix) - by pauli - 12-03-2014, 10:47 PM
RE: Skepolu - Human Mistakes (ZX Mix) - by APZX - 13-03-2014, 01:31 PM