Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chad Hollister Band - Eyes
This is one of the songs where you'll need to listen all the time to all of the tracks, because of the spill of some microphones
The quality of the recordings is great...

Couldn't help to add a bit of some drum samples, to help the snare a bit, but the character and sound of the snare is maintained
Hope it turned out fine
Cheers

Edit (v2 R01) - 17.03.2024
New mix from scratch

.mp3    Chad Hollister Band - Eyes.mp3 --  (Download: 10.42 MB)

.mp3    Chad Hollister Band - Eyes v2 R01.mp3 --  (Download: 9.18 MB)

MacPro 5,1 - Big Sur | UAD Apollo Twin | AKG - K701 | Reaper | LUNA
Great work mate i really enjoyed your mix
Thanks, takka360!
New mix from scratch added
Hi! Just listened to your v2. Sounds like a well balances mix. Perhaps the mix could have a bit more clarity - maybe it is a bit too wet?
Cheers!
Hi Filipandrei. rv 2 mix
Just been listening to other mixes of this tune; nice that you have stuck to mixing the drums without a complete over kill of drum samples ( That pleases me) . I feel your snare sample mix is a good sound choice. I like your overall balance between elements, I would like to of heard a little more clarity in acoustic solo; nice warmth of this mix . not sure about bass; cant really say why. overall nice job done, nice and solid.

Keep on Keeping on.
(27-03-2024, 03:51 PM)ERJEE Wrote: Hi! Just listened to your v2. Sounds like a well balances mix. Perhaps the mix could have a bit more clarity - maybe it is a bit too wet?
Cheers!
Hey ERJEE,
Thanks for listening and for your feedback. Yeah, you're right, I'm also feeling my mixes lack a bit of clarity because of this
I'll try next time to be more temperate when applying FXs

Cheers
(27-03-2024, 05:40 PM)Rustyruss Wrote: Hi Filipandrei.  rv 2 mix
Just been listening to other mixes of this tune; nice that you have stuck to mixing the drums without a complete over kill of drum samples ( That pleases me) . I feel your snare sample mix is a good sound choice. I like your overall balance between elements, I would like to of heard a little more clarity in acoustic solo; nice warmth of this mix . not sure about bass; cant really say why. overall nice job done, nice and solid.

Keep on Keeping on.

Thanks, Rustyruss. It seems you've expressed the same idea as ERJEE, so I'll need to be more carefull with FXs.
Really useful feedback guys, thanks ( again ) Smile