Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Santi Vega: 'Ying Yang El Jardin de las Flores Efimeras'
Sort of vintage mix with a chamber/plate sandwich, bit of EQ and compression.
Thanks for listening
M.

.mp3    SantiVega.mp3 --  (Download: 16.14 MB)

Beautiful mellow sound. Nice softness to it.
Good bottom end while clear of the boxiness!
The picking is very soft, can you share how you did that? I have been trying to work no the transients without loosing to much pluck or sound quality. Still haven'f found my sweet spot on that.
(26-12-2021, 02:22 AM)billabong68 Wrote: Beautiful mellow sound. Nice softness to it.
Good bottom end while clear of the boxiness!
The picking is very soft, can you share how you did that? I have been trying to work no the transients without loosing to much pluck or sound quality. Still haven'f found my sweet spot on that.

Hey,

I haven't done much, just a hipass; bit of presence, dynamics and 2 sends to stereo reverbs.
Please check the screenshots.

Thanks for listening!

Thumbnail(s)

(26-12-2021, 12:01 PM)mufoid Wrote: Hey,

I haven't done much, just a hipass; bit of presence, dynamics and 2 sends to stereo reverbs.

Thanks for listening!
Thanks for providing the details, much appreciated! Remarkable how little changes you made, yet the sound is so different. Particularly the boxiness of the guitar that disappeared, I wonder how that worked! There seems to be quite a bit of magic in the Abbey Road plugins. Remarkable. 
I use the AR plates too, plate C is my favourite. Good idea on the stone chamber, it gives a dark and dry sound. That probably helps with the softness.

[Review note] I made a rookie error and listened through my travel headphones (Bose) not my mixing headphones while mixing on holiday. The headphones actually created that boominess I was struggling with. There you go. Bad equipment, bad mixing. Good holiday though. :-)
(27-12-2021, 02:04 AM)billabong68 Wrote:
(26-12-2021, 12:01 PM)mufoid Wrote: Hey,

Thanks for listening!
Thanks for providing the details, much appreciated! Remarkable how little changes you made, yet the sound is so different. Particularly the boxiness of the guitar that disappeared, I wonder how that worked! There seems to be quite a bit of magic in the Abbey Road plugins. Remarkable. 
I use the AR plates too, plate C is my favourite. Good idea on the stone chamber, it gives a dark and dry sound. That probably helps with the softness.

Yes, you are right Abbey Road Waves plugins and generally Waves stuff sound great providing I have -18 dBFS on input on each one and a mix is done in 96 kHz to make the plugins aliasing free.