Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ShortWave RadioBand: 'Don't Care'
My mix

.mp3    DONT CARE .mp3 --  (Download: 6.23 MB)

Hey Takka!

Liking the bass and the low end in general. I feel the snare could maybe be a bit more solid and upfront or something though. Maybe the guitar in the right speaker could be a bit louder at times too, as I think the guitar on the left kind of overtakes it a bit occasionally? Otherwise this is pretty good.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
I will have a listen in phones .I left the snare back a bit as it gave it a bit more of a trashy thing i thought
Yeah I do get what you mean. Funnily enough I listened to it the other day on earbuds, and wanted to wait until I could check it out on speakers before passing comment. I guess I feel it might bring the track together a bit if it was just a touch more present.

Edit: Good to see you back btw!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Cheers mate .Happy xmas
Yeah - Merry Christmas to you too Smile.

Cheers!
Made some adjustments

.mp3    Dont Care .mp3 --  (Download: 6.22 MB)

Not bad i like the tones, it was a really hard mix this one! For me this just feels like a bit small eq-balancing in mix but more a mastering thing, to make everything equal loud sort of i guess.
yes it was thin I've changed it
The tones sound good, but the rhythm guitars are really quiet, I can barely hear them. There's quite a lot of low end on the guitars, are you mixing by sight rather than by ear? I would guess the guitar parts are pushing quite hard on a VU meter because of that low end, so might look visually like they're at the right level but audibly they aren't IMO.