Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
All The Same
Thanks for the listen and any input Smile

.mp3    All The Same.mp3 --  (Download: 9.2 MB)

To mix or not to mix ... mix!
I love what you did to the lead vox! it sounds so different from my mix! Did you double it to give it some additional strength?
mixing since April 2013
(06-03-2014, 08:09 PM)juanjose1967 Wrote: I love what you did to the lead vox! it sounds so different from my mix! Did you double it to give it some additional strength?
No. The funny thing is I did less with it than I normally do. I just have both lead vox tracks playing together panned center with a little short reverb. The only unusual thing I did was to add an expander to all the vocal tracks to nullify most of the bleed through.
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
Hello! Nice mix!! I love your guitar sound! Smile
Hello there !

Did you edit the bass ? I find it not totally in place with drums, especially in the first verse.

Guitars in the choruses are... weird to me :p Don't know if weird is the right word, but they sound very thin, despite their drive. I like them during verses.
I actually did what Mike did in the SOS article : I used the DI tracks and use the amp simulator from Logic.

Balance is nice, vocals are well treated (and they were quite some pain !)
To be completely honest, I can barely hear any bass besides during the intro - And the chorus guitars jump out a tad too much (I kinda feel as if I have to ride my volume control listening to it)...
A few changes here and there would improve it quite a lot, I reckon; I'd like to hear it again once it's been balanced better volume-wise Smile