Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
WAW - HTMAM mix and master
Here is my mix and master of the song.

-Sonically, this is more in lines of an afro-cuban feel with the bass flute leading the ostinato theme throughout. I had the other instruments more of an added color than anything.

-Vocals were just a clean up. It was two plugins...limiter and a reverb/delay plugin. I thought the EQ was great as is.

-Mastering was pretty straightforward. I added a little bit of treble enhancer just to sweeten the highs a bit more. I also added some tape saturation instead of a digital one. It was more of a "keep the feel" choice than anything.

Hope you enjoy!

.mp3    Whitten And Williams - How To Make A Mirror.mp3 --  (Download: 3 MB)

Nice mix Smile for me a bit 2 "kind" only but very stable.
Thank you for the kind words! I appreciate it! Smile
(22-12-2021, 03:13 AM)brandon_parker Wrote: Here is my mix and master of the song.

-Sonically, this is more in lines of an afro-cuban feel with the bass flute leading the ostinato theme throughout. I had the other instruments more of an added color than anything.

-Vocals were just a clean up. It was two plugins...limiter and a reverb/delay plugin. I thought the EQ was great as is.

-Mastering was pretty straightforward. I added a little bit of treble enhancer just to sweeten the highs a bit more. I also added some tape saturation instead of a digital one. It was more of a "keep the feel" choice than anything.

Hope you enjoy!
Heya! I'm really digging the vocal delay - it feels less like a rhythmic delay and more just a textural lift to me. Really fun sound. And you're bang on about the bass flute, that was the first thing written and is what everything else in the song hangs off to my ears

Also love the way the strings pump a bit off the kick drum at the end, s'really funky :)
WhittenAnd
bit.ly/whittenand