Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Kamikase Mix
Thanks for posting, I enjoyed listening to your mix. The balance of the guitars in the intro are perfect. Soft and "sensitive". Best I have heard so far. But things got more forceful after the first few bars. The bass really stands out from everything else, and the reverb on the drums and vocals push them even further behind the bass. Maybe turn the snare down? It's cracking pretty hard for the verses at least.
This mix is definitely in your face! I really like the heavily 'verbed backing vocals. Wondering if you ref'd this mix in more than one place? The bass is very loud, as are the drums. Overall some very cool artistic choices.
Another good sounding mix Kamikase
Nice mix a bit bassy though. Smile and probably a bit of delay on vocals can make it sound better IMO \m/
(09-10-2012, 03:27 AM)Kamikase Wrote: Here goes my mix.

A bit difficult to mix with packaged drums in two tracks...

Hope you enjoy to hear this song the same way that I enjoyed mixing it.

Hey there Kamikase, the guitar balance at the start is super smooth and really brilliant, but then it gets a bit drowned out by the drums and bass, you don't lose the vocal though which means the song still holds together very well.

Overall, great job!

And with your drum issues, multiband compression can do absolute wonders to the stereo bus. It can give real control when you have no separation in your drum tracks. If you don't have one, then creating two or more versions of the same track with a filter to split up the high and low end in two different tracks can make the mixing process a lot easier. It's a trick I use for bass all of the time. Smile

happy mixing!
I like what you've done here. Very creative Smile
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
Like the mix dude! Mennis gives excellent advice. Split/copy that stereo drum track and treat the lows and highs separately. More, better kick would send this mix over the top. Nice job on that verb on the drums!
(09-10-2012, 03:27 AM)Kamikase Wrote: Here goes my mix.

A bit difficult to mix with packaged drums in two tracks...

Hope you enjoy to hear this song the same way that I enjoyed mixing it.

like the reverb on the drums in the middle of the song. guitars sounded good on the verses and beginning. It seems like you really wanted to emphasize the drums and bass which is perfect for the song. Also nice panning on the guitars with left to right. Creative. For the chorus: The distortion on the guitar during the chorus was loud and stood out. The rest of the instruments were all kinda bundled uo together. But sounded good because of the emphasization of the bass and drums during the verses