Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Neon Hornet - Take It Off
hello everyone, this is my take on the song "take it off" by "neon hornet". it's a great, catchy song and I had so much fun while mixing it. the song/band is obviously influenced by queens of the stone age, so i decided to go with a "lullabies to paralyze" kind of sound even though the song itself has a "rated r" vibe.

.mp3    Neon Hornet - Take It Off.mp3 --  (Download: 5.99 MB)

Hi jagmonsuta, I like your balances overall here. Definitely a good decision to reference QOTSA - there are a lot of similarities.

Overall, I'm hearing a bit of skewed eq curve, with a lot of mids, and very light on low end, and not much in the highest frequencies. I can hear the vocals, guitars and snare, and the top end of the bass, but the kick drum is not coming through at all.

I don't like to assume anything, but I'm wondering if it might be a monitoring issue - if you are hearing too much bass, not enough mids and too many highs, it could result in mixing this way.

I hope that helps!
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases