Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shockwave: Don't Care
Just got the IKMultimedia  ARC3 for my mixing system. It flattened out the low end (had a huge bump at 50Hz) and raised up the high end. Let me know if there are glaring overall issues.

.mp3    Don\'t_Care.mp3 --  (Download: 6.13 MB)

.mp3    Don\'t_Care_ReampedBass.mp3 --  (Download: 6.13 MB)

.mp3    Dont_Care_ReampedBass_less driven.mp3 --  (Download: 6.13 MB)

--------
Opinions are like Farts, everyone else's stinks
(13-12-2021, 09:31 PM)DctrRoss Wrote: Just got the IKMultimedia  ARC3 for my mixing system. It flattened out the low end (had a huge bump at 50Hz) and raised up the high end. Let me know if there are glaring overall issues.
Nice mix,

Like you I'm conditioned by the mix that I made.

Below are my observations:

I prefer the BASS more forward ( if you have try to put a Vertigo VSM-3 It's magic) and the guitar little bit more panned.
I prefer more openig using a convolution Ambience effect to the guitar voice and drum.

Cox
HI i like your mix but i agree with COX about the bass, it needs more grit/distortion ect.very nice though so well done.
Reaper user
You guys are probably right, nice suggestion on the Vertigo VSM-3, I do like that thing unfortunately I can't dump another $100 into a plugin (if you have a cheap version you can direct me to that would be great). 

What I did do was re-amp it through a little Home built Fender Champ clone I have sitting here Mic'd with a cheap mxl R40 ribbon that was all set up and added that to the existing sound I had.  You can hear the difference in the intro where the Bass is all alone. 

Is it overly bright or have to much low end?

There is a big change in the EQ on my monitors and this is the first time I have attempted to use it. My ears are a bit messed up from such a dramatic change, see attached graph. Greens are before oranges are post ARC3 EQ. 

Thanks for your input!!

Thumbnail(s)

--------
Opinions are like Farts, everyone else's stinks
Hey , You might want to check some things because I am hearing a lot of unpleasant distortion.
(14-12-2021, 08:39 PM)latanielvss. Wrote: Hey , You might want to check some things because I am hearing a lot of unpleasant distortion.

Big Grin Big Grin Yeah, I've got some sort of saturation/distortion/re-amping on pretty much every channel and the main buss. I am sure it is over the top.
(14-12-2021, 07:33 PM)DctrRoss Wrote: You guys are probably right, nice suggestion on the Vertigo VSM-3, I do like that thing unfortunately I can't dump another $100 into a plugin (if you have a cheap version you can direct me to that would be great). 

What I did do was re-amp it through a little Home built Fender Champ clone I have sitting here Mic'd with a cheap mxl R40 ribbon that was all set up and added that to the existing sound I had.  You can hear the difference in the intro where the Bass is all alone. 

There is a big change in the EQ on my monitors and this is the first time I have attempted to use it. My ears are a bit messed up from such a dramatic change, see attached graph. Greens are before oranges are post ARC3 EQ. 

Thanks for your input!!
Hi DcrtRoss, Try to use Gsat+ is free saturator plugin (GSatPlus | TBProAudio) is not really equal to vsm3 but a good plugin to add saturation.
Now I ear the defference on the Bass and It's better (the last revision) just a last check..... try to use a complemetary eq between kick e bass to improove again the lowend.
If you are not sure of your monitor system help yourself using a Earphone that you know comparing your reference song to check the way of your mix.
(14-12-2021, 11:09 PM)COX Wrote:
(14-12-2021, 07:33 PM)DctrRoss Wrote: You guys are probably right, nice suggestion on the Vertigo VSM-3, I do like that thing unfortunately I can't dump another $100 into a plugin (if you have a cheap version you can direct me to that would be great). 

Thanks for your input!!
Hi DcrtRoss, Try to use Gsat+ is free saturator plugin (GSatPlus | TBProAudio) is not really equal to vsm3 but a good plugin to add saturation.
Now I ear the defference on the Bass and It's better (the last revision) just a last check..... try to use a complemetary eq between kick e bass to improove again the lowend.
If you are not sure of your monitor system help yourself using a Earphone that you know comparing your reference song to check the way of your mix.
Hello Cox,  Can you give me some direction on the low end?  For example , is there too much or to little and around what frequencies?
Thanks
(14-12-2021, 11:21 PM)DctrRoss Wrote:
(14-12-2021, 11:09 PM)COX Wrote:

Thanks for your input!!
Hello Cox,  Can you give me some direction on the low end?  For example , is there too much or to little and around what frequencies?
Thanks
Hi DcrtRoss,
Sorry to the delay ....but today was a busy day between work and family!

While listening the mix I notice that the fusion between kick and bass in the frequencies from 40-100 hz should be improved.
Sometimes the bass is overwhelmed by the kick that is predominant and works a lot in low end (I suppose between 40-50hz).
If you have a q3 or q2 fabfilter using the analyzer and insert it on the kick and bass channel you will compare the spectrum.
In this way you can decide where cut the eq on the kick and bass in favor the dominant characteristics of each sound to become more solid.
There should be sufficient cuts of max 3db with a Q of 3 to earing the difference.
Sorry to my English! ( is not exceptional but I hope to have clarified the concept).