Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Dummy Shake Flymix
here is my mix. hope you like

Any inputs???

From Argentina

Sergio

.mp3    Big Dummy Shake 2(2).mp3 --  (Download: 6.06 MB)

Enjoyed listening to your version of this song Sergio, I like the deep kick in the verses ,Maybe I have my sub up too loud or could come down a touch Big Grin !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(05-03-2014, 10:18 AM)thedon Wrote: Enjoyed listening to your version of this song Sergio, I like the deep kick in the verses ,Maybe I have my sub up too loud or could come down a touch Big Grin !

I think the deep kick sounds good, too. Main issue with sub sounds like that is that such a long waveform takes longer to get to your ear, so it tends to drag behind the beat a bit... you can hear that here if you listen for it. In this case it almost feels a little "restraining," like it keeps pulling the rest of the mix back in time a little bit, preventing the tempo from driving.

Two fixes that come to mind are high pass filtering and transient modelling. High passing probably works best from a timing perspective, but if you boost the attack and duck the sustain on a transient shaper, you might be able to keep a little more of the sub. I dunno if that'll work though, again because of the length of the waveform.

Other than that little quibble I think the balance is great and you've done great work as always Big Grin
I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!