Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SoftlySpeak - Broken Man (Guber Mix)
Hey!
Here's my mix. try to open stereo image on chorus, and try to find the right effects for lift emotion of the track...very cool song though!

feel free to comment Smile

.mp3    SpeakSoftly - Brokem Man_Master v2.mp3 --  (Download: 9.43 MB)

I really enjoy the energy in this. Well done.

However, I think that there's way too much low mid on the vocal in the verse. I know that the vocal track isn't great, but ... yeah, maybe that's just me.

Anyways, good work
I have a Polish friend, who is a sound engineer. Oh, and a Czech one too.

#nobodygoeshomehummingthekickdrum
#nosubnoshow
Nice voice treatment -upfront and present! Agree with the comment on low-mids, seems a bit high and heavy. 
Good oomph on the drums track. I have debated how strong that should be in my mix... I have ended up making it lighter and pushing it into a support role. I am not sure the producer had that in mind, but I liked it that way. Would like to get your comment on that. 
The percussive high-frequency noises seem to steal space that could be used for the vocals. And they seem to be louder than the vocals too, I'd pare them back a bit. 
On the bass: it comes on loud and hard, you've dialled it up. Since it is recorded hard on/off, I am not sure it sounds great if it is that dominant. I have re-amped it in my mix to give it a bit more high freq content, I thought that helps it fit in. Would like to hear thoughts on how to best work with a stem like this.