Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A sailor once more
Hi all, what a great song!
I have taken a folk-style approach: Guitar and Lead vox is the core. Background vox are important, like a 'choir of the village'. Whistle gets to shine without being too bright. Overall, instruments are creating a mood of sea, wind and waves - more illustrating and evoking than front of stage. Drums and bass are supporting in the background, quite light - they are not traditional folk instruments.
Looking forward to comments!

.mp3    Mix 02-3.mp3 --  (Download: 8.55 MB)

(11-12-2021, 03:40 AM)billabong68 Wrote: Hi all, what a great song!
I have taken a folk-style approach: Guitar and Lead vox is the core. Background vox are important, like a 'choir of the village'. Whistle gets to shine without being too bright. Overall, instruments are creating a mood of sea, wind and waves - more illustrating and evoking than front of stage. Drums and bass are supporting in the background, quite light - they are not traditional folk instruments.
Looking forward to comments!
Hello there! I think you made a very nice mix! I like the Idea of a folk-style approach you took, its very different. If I would add anything, it would be some sort of chamber reverb for the vocals in the background and high passed somewhere around 500 to 1k to give it just a touch of space. The high hat is slightly lonely in the upper region which brings the drums more into focus, kinda slightly fights the folk feel you made. All of the other instruments and tracksĀ sound very warm and nice Smile