Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dead Roses 01 and 02
Mike, thanks very much for the detailed and constructive feedback. I'm honored. I'm accepting all of them.

(14-11-2012, 02:18 PM)Mike Senior Wrote: Whatever you've done to the bass is good on one level, in that it adds warmth to the mix as a whole, but on the other hand I think you've probably overcompressed it, because it's coming across uncomfortably like a synth, which feels at odds with this style. That said, however, I'm still getting the feeling that some bass notes aren't speaking clearly compared with others. This is partly because I think you're hitting the fundamental frequency too hard in the balance (you can hear a lot of the warmth disappear on the Avantone, for example) and that region doesn't really stay at a consistent level in relation to the bass sound as a whole. I'd probably compress the low end separately in this instance to get more control.

The bass channels get the stuff documented in the screenshot. I'm attaching the settings for documentation purposes and to foster discussion:

- Bass Amp - EQ + CLA Bass (Waves)
- Bass DI - EQ (same settings) + SSL Channel tweaked to taste
- no sends
- as mentioned summed to Master with NLS (Waves)

CLA Bass is a Swiss knife (look where I come from Big Grin ) that quickly fix and tweaks the channel (with disappointing results some times, to be honest). I will investigate and focus the tuning of the bass based on your advice.

Again the feedback allows me to refine and focus the listening. Greatly appreciated. I hope I will be able to post a new version soon.
humbly said

Thumbnail(s)

"... I'm listening. Yes."
from Switzerland

Messages In This Thread
Dead Roses 01 and 02 - by Lammy - 07-10-2012, 11:07 PM
RE: Dead Roses Final (?) - by davidpaulpaige - 03-11-2012, 02:50 AM
RE: Dead Roses Final (?) - by Lammy - 05-11-2012, 10:58 PM
RE: Dead Roses Final (?) - by Mike Senior - 14-11-2012, 02:18 PM
RE: Dead Roses Final (?) - by Lammy - 15-11-2012, 10:00 PM
RE: Dead Roses Final (?) - by Mike Senior - 15-11-2012, 10:30 PM
RE: Dead Roses Final (?) - by DanUpdegraff - 27-11-2012, 05:32 AM