Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brennon Causey Mixing - 'Burning BridgesV4'
Decided to make a V2, I also used a few 2000 rock songs for reference Smile

Update V3 - Followed blitzz suggestions and fixed some issues, and improved on it a little more Smile

Update V4 - so I noticed alot of things sounded weird to me on some random pair of speakers I checked, so I made more changes Smile

.mp3    Burning Bridges.mp3 --  (Download: 8.61 MB)

.mp3    Burning BridgesV2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.67 MB)

.mp3    Burning BridgesV3.mp3 --  (Download: 8.62 MB)

.mp3    Burning BridgesV4.mp3 --  (Download: 8.76 MB)

V2 added Smile
Interesting mix, I like the overall energy. There are parts where the balance is off, e.g. in the end at 3:30, where I can barely hear the rhythm guitars. Biggest problem for me: The snare is dominating the verse and also the last chorus (basically all fast parts of the song), and I would bring it down in those parts so it`s not the most upfront and centred element in the mix. also, the solos are not loud enough, especially the second solo. The choir is there to support the solo, not the other way around Smile

Add a couple of details like playing around with the guitar at 1:40 to get a better transition, and it`s a solid mix.
(07-02-2023, 03:08 PM)Blitzzz Wrote: Interesting mix, I like the overall energy. There are parts where the balance is off, e.g. in the end at 3:30, where I can barely hear the rhythm guitars. Biggest problem for me: The snare is dominating the verse and also the last chorus (basically all fast parts of the song), and I would bring it down in those parts so it`s not the most upfront and centred element in the mix. also, the solos are not loud enough, especially the second solo. The choir is there to support the solo, not the other way around Smile

Add a couple of details like playing around with the guitar at 1:40 to get a better transition, and it`s a solid mix.
Thank you for the reply! I agree with the things you mentioned. I made a V3 and automated the snare alot. Also further shaped the EQ on everything to fit a little bit better. I added a little touch of flanger and a subtle saturation track to the guitar at 1:40 too so it would fit more into the song. I put the chorus vocals much more back and sent the lead guitars to an extra saturation track so they would cut thru a little better Smile I like the difference so far!
Version 4 added Smile