Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Whitten And Williams - How To Make A Mirror
My attempt, thanks for listening!

.mp3    Whitten And Williams - How To Make A Mirror [roan].mp3 --  (Download: 5.03 MB)

I think this sounds really good!

Two things that popped out at me are the high sibilance on the lead vocal, around 10 kHz, and the high hat is a bit harsh. Minor details though!
(12-12-2021, 10:24 PM)Judders Wrote: I think this sounds really good!

Two things that popped out at me are the high sibilance on the lead vocal, around 10 kHz, and the high hat is a bit harsh.  Minor details though!
Thanks Judders for taking your time to listen and comment! Now when I have not listen to the mix for a while and listen to it again I totally agree you about the vocal sibilance and the hi-hat.
(07-12-2021, 08:43 PM)roan Wrote: My attempt, thanks for listening!
Hey roan, thanks for this. I'm really enjoying the forward-ness of the high flutes in the verses, they feel really tangible, not just the notes but the textures of the breath and half-hit notes which is bloody lovely. Then the way they just quietly pull back for the big bits (which you've made HUGE) just generally makes me really happy
WhittenAnd
bit.ly/whittenand
Nice mix man good effort! Smile maybe mono voxes could be bit bigger to make the whole mix bigger 2?