Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fruition: 'Santa Fe'
Hi!
This is my mix.
Comments welcome Smile
Cheers

New version V2:

.mp3    Fruition Santa Fe.mp3 --  (Download: 8.23 MB)

.mp3    Fruition Santa Fe v2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.21 MB)

Pep from Pepus Estudi
Bus-Comp Warm-Audio, Focal Alpha 80, Klark Teknik 76-KT, Klark Teknik EQP-KT, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, X Touch One Behringer, Arturia MiniLab mkII, 
Mackie Big Knob, Sonarworks SoundID Reference,
Cakewalk by Bandlab
Likewise a nice mix. I nearly did the same pannning scheme with the guitars on either side and the Organ in the middle, but decided to have the singers guitar in the middle instead. The kick does sound a little too present for my taste on my monitors, but I will check later on headphones and see if I feel the same, as reading your comment on my mix it might be a mix translation thing on my end, or just my preference.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Hi Supep.Vocal  needs some low end.It is like whistling. snare may be more wide.it sounds like cutted with knife .( or gate Big Grin)  Left channel  is more weight.Kick needs low freq. hits.The problem I disturb that is l+r balance.Organ is bit high.Guitars is so backward of the mix and they causes absence of  mixing groove. your instruments needs low end and they are very shine.Finally I prefer using less plugins .You are gonna see the results are gonna be better.Cheers !
(05-12-2021, 08:52 PM)mikej Wrote: Likewise a nice mix.  I nearly did the same pannning scheme with the guitars on either side and the Organ in the middle, but decided to have the singers guitar in the middle instead.  The kick does sound a little too present for my taste on my monitors, but I will check later on headphones and see if I feel the same, as reading your comment on my mix it might be a mix translation thing on my end, or just my preference.

Cheers!
I'm absolutely agree with the problem of panning guitars 100% L R. About the lows, just I bought Sonaworks SoundID on black friday and this is my first mix with my monitors "flats". I'm not used to work with this "new" sound so I'm not sure about my mixes for a time  SleepyI made a second change trying to solve:
-Pan of guitars
-A little more of 300 Hz n bass just to flip a bit the mid lows
-A bit more body on  lead vox, and a bit less of 2Khz
Thanks for your comments!  Smile
Pep from Pepus Estudi
Bus-Comp Warm-Audio, Focal Alpha 80, Klark Teknik 76-KT, Klark Teknik EQP-KT, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, X Touch One Behringer, Arturia MiniLab mkII, 
Cakewalk by Bandlab
(05-12-2021, 09:42 PM)Mammy Wrote: Hi Supep.Vocal  needs some low end.It is like whistling. snare may be more wide.it sounds like cutted with knife .( or gate Big Grin)  Left channel  is more weight.Kick needs low freq. hits.The problem I disturb that is l+r balance.Organ is bit high.Guitars is so backward of the mix and they causes absence of  mixing groove. your instruments needs low end and they are very shine.Finally I prefer using less plugins .You are gonna see the results are gonna be better.Cheers !
Hi Manny,
I have mix another try.
I worked on pan of guitars, the body of the lead vox and the mid lows of bass. For me, the snare is sounding well so I decided not change nothing. This back friday I have bought SoundID Reference by sonarworks and I'm getting used with this new flat sound.
Thanks for your comment
Cheers!
Pep from Pepus Estudi
Cakewalk by Bandlab
(06-12-2021, 06:41 PM)supep Wrote:
(05-12-2021, 09:42 PM)Mammy Wrote: Hi Supep.Vocal  needs some low end.It is like whistling. snare may be more wide.it sounds like cutted with knife .( or gate Big Grin)  Left channel  is more weight.Kick needs low freq. hits.The problem I disturb that is l+r balance.Organ is bit high.Guitars is so backward of the mix and they causes absence of  mixing groove. your instruments needs low end and they are very shine.Finally I prefer using less plugins .You are gonna see the results are gonna be better.Cheers !
Hi Manny,
I have mix another try.
I worked on pan of guitars, the body of the lead vox and the mid lows of bass. For me, the snare is sounding well so I decided not change nothing. This back friday I have bought SoundID Reference by sonarworks and I'm getting used with this new flat sound.
Thanks for your comment
Cheers!
But I'm Mammy not Manny Big Grin
(06-12-2021, 10:30 PM)Mammy Wrote:
(06-12-2021, 06:41 PM)supep Wrote:
Hi Manny,
I have mix another try.
Thanks for your comment
Cheers!
But I'm Mammy not Manny Big Grin
XD
Sorry Dude hahaha
Pep from Pepus Estudi
Cakewalk by Bandlab