Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Alive Yet Free' Mix
I did my best. I couldn't fully achieve the sound I wanted (I'm only using headphones) but I tried to make it work. Tell me your thoughts!  Big Grin

Edit 7/28/22: v2 added

.mp3    Mekaphil_AliveYetFree_Cambridge v1 (12.4.21).mp3 --  (Download: 9.21 MB)

.mp3    Mekaphil_AliveYetFree_v2 (7.28.22).mp3 --  (Download: 9.21 MB)

Hello! Just wanted to share, I really like your mix right off the bat! There's just two or three thing I'd recommend tweaking.

-I love that tone!

-I like the overall mix, although your low end is REALLY strong. You might wanna control that sub 80hz content.
-You could bring up the high end and it would sound really solid. There's not much content about 12khz, so a shelf there would be fine.
-Maybe bring down the guitars down? They seem to be making the track feel too "noisy", whereas bringing their volume down but boosting the 400hz in them will help you feel them without them eating all that space! I like it overall.

With those tweaks, this would easily be one of the best mixes I've heard of this song! Thanks for posting it Big Grin
(28-07-2022, 03:24 PM)aftercutrecords Wrote: Hello! Just wanted to share, I really like your mix right off the bat! There's just two or three thing I'd recommend tweaking.

-I love that tone!

-I like the overall mix, although your low end is REALLY strong. You might wanna control that sub 80hz content.
-You could bring up the high end and it would sound really solid. There's not much content about 12khz, so a shelf there would be fine.
-Maybe bring down the guitars down? They seem to be making the track feel too "noisy", whereas bringing their volume down but boosting the 400hz in them will help you feel them without them eating all that space! I like it overall.

With those tweaks, this would easily be one of the best mixes I've heard of this song! Thanks for posting it Big Grin

Thanks for the critique! I just added a new version. Can you also check out my mix for Timeless Part 1 if you have a moment?  Big Grin