Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Darkride - Hammer Down New Mix
New mix

Mix 2 added more hihats and overheads and low end,comments welcomed.

.mp3    Dark Ride Hammer Down new.mp3 --  (Download: 11.26 MB)

.mp3    Dark Ride Hammer Down new 2.mp3 --  (Download: 11.25 MB)

Reaper user
It sounds like you featured the kick. I like the feel it brings. But the mix is a little dark to me. I wish the guitars/synths are brighter (think HP) to balance the dark tone from the kick, imo. I can hear the snare but miss the snap. There are some level/frequency issues in both synth and guitars in some parts, the first drop, for example. (1:07-1:26), @2:06 the word "sure" dropped down drastically. I remember hearing something like that way back and suspected it came like that on the way in originally when they recorded the vocal, mostly b/c of the compressor. I went to edit and brought the level up in mine. Maybe you want to check it out to make sure. Hope it helps.
(27-10-2022, 12:29 PM)SonicTramp Wrote: It sounds like you featured the kick. I like the feel it brings. But the mix is a little dark to me. I wish the guitars/synths are brighter (think HP) to balance the dark tone from the kick, imo. I can hear the snare but miss the snap. There are some level/frequency issues in both synth and guitars in some parts, the first drop, for example. (1:07-1:26), @2:06 the word "sure" dropped down drastically. I remember hearing something like that way back and suspected it came like that on the way in originally when they recorded the vocal, mostly b/c of the compressor. I went to edit and brought the level up in mine. Maybe you want to check it out to make sure. Hope it helps.
Hi Sonic Tramp thanks for your detailed analysis, I agree 100% this mix was done a while ago and I have made some changes to my work flow since "for the better I hope"I will revisit this mix one day, thanks again for your time.
Reaper user