Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
How To Make A Mirror
Tried my best cleaning up that chaotic chorus , cool song nevertheless.

.mp3    How to make a mirror Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 4.79 MB)

Hey, lots of nice sounds going on, but the mix as a whole feels a bit too even-handed and balanced, so I'm not getting a clear impression of what I'm supposed to be listening to when it gets busier.
Hi.
I like what you did!
That outro that you made sounds interesting.
I think that the lows of the vocals needs some of control or a bit of polish,
in some parts sound a bit peaky.
But anyway, good job!
Hey Judders , Im not sure i could agree with you because to me the vocals is pretty up front and obvious. Thanks for the feedback, Cheers!
Hey Unknow Mixer , In which section did you think the vocals low end is out of control and where does it sound obviously peaky?
(08-12-2021, 01:54 PM)latanielvss. Wrote: Hey Unknow Mixer , In which section did you think the vocals low end is out of control and where does it sound obviously peaky?
Hello! I don't mean "out of control" it's just when the vocals are singing in a low register it seems to me that the lows rumble, are so noticeable to my ears andĀ feels that needs something. In the peaky subject: i can find that in the transition between vocals and in the second part of the vocal chorus feels to me a bit loud, maybe adding more compression to the mix will help, and another thing, it would be nice to hear more of the dulcimer, it hears pretty hidden. Hope that this don't bothers you, i just wanted to share my thoughts of this mix.
Hi , No it doesn't bother me at all its always interesting to hear other peoples opinions , how low would you say the rumble is? 30-40hz? , The vocals sounding peaky is my automation rides and is intended , I mainly mix metal and rock so i guess its the need to add excitement between sections. And imo if i made the dulcimer any louder it would ruin the mix and be a huge distraction so i made the choice to sit it in the background for texture. I appreciate your input thank you. Cheers!
Heya Latanielvss, this is really fun, thanks so much for having a play. Really enjoying the dulcimer's prensence in this! Think it got a bit lost in our final version and it's kickass to hear it live and kicking again. Also Very Cool Ending! That sudden cut into drums, it's a proper attention grabber
WhittenAnd
bit.ly/whittenand
Hey Whitten Glad you enjoyed listening, Cheers!