Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.4 Average
Legendary PIECE OF ME (2020 REMIX vs 2016mix)
(14-04-2020, 03:59 PM)Blitzzz Wrote: I was a bit concerned about the guitar sound in the intro but that feeling quickly went away. Very careful handling of the original tracks and sounds, very clean mix, perfect balancing with room for all the details, plus a nice three-dimensional depth. This is a very strong contender for the best mix of this song on this forum.

While listening to the song, I thought at some point that the snare was too low mid heavy for me. I was expecting the typical modern "TACK", but it sounds more like a "TOCK" (don't know how to explain it otherwise). That was it. I don't know what else I could criticize about this mix. Congratulations, you have come a long way, Shul.

I appreciate the input blitz. Is always great to hear from the Artis of the song. Smile
Suena muy bien. De la primera versión a la segunda hay un buen cambio. Muy equilibrado todo. Aunque siento que la voz se va mucho al Estereo, Por lo demás esta buena la mezcla.
(16-09-2020, 02:12 AM)PepeNoel Wrote: Suena muy bien. De la primera versión a la segunda hay un buen cambio. Muy equilibrado todo. Aunque siento que la voz se va mucho al Estereo, Por lo demás esta buena la mezcla.
si de echo las voces ya traen equalizacion y efectos, no se le puede hacer mucho.
Piece of me is an awesome song , must say
Hi your mix sounds good there is something bothering me and that is your snare seems to be pumping your mix (guitars mostly) almost as if its hitting the 2bus too hard or as if you got an compressor on the guitars triggering off the snare and vocals but im really enjoying the mix but the pumping is really distracting to me.
(07-12-2020, 02:05 AM)latanielvss. Wrote: Hi your mix sounds good there is something bothering me and that is your snare seems to be pumping your mix (guitars mostly) almost as if its hitting the 2bus too hard or as if you got an compressor on the guitars triggering off the snare and vocals but im really enjoying the mix but the pumping is really distracting to me.
I deleted the session but forsure didn't sidechain the snare to the guitars.. there is heavy compression on the guitars with a slow attack to get that smack of transients but then it gets squashed. I quite honestly do not hear the pumping.. perhaps I need more ear training. Thanks for the input!
The tracks are well balanced, lacking a modern feel with in your mix-down stages, such as the emulation of analogue, all feels very clean and digital, "IMO". Where is the saturation to bring the tracks to life?

Regards, A