Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Don't Care
I am doing this for the first time of posting the mix and master.  I feel like this was the best process I have done.  I hope you guys enjoy.  I use Ozone 7 for mastering and Logic for the rest. 

Cheers!

.mp3    Don\'t Care 3.mp3 --  (Download: 6.19 MB)

.mp3    Don\'t Care 3m.mp3 --  (Download: 6.19 MB)

This is a nice mix i think. It has a bit shy high mids some how, i like the deepness and i totally get why you went this way, the song was calling for a beefier sound. Maybe you could boost the highmids into some fxs, or dists in combo somehow to make the sidechannels a tiny more interresting without making it sound less rock sounding.

Edit: listening to the last mix, very nice high mids here Smile Wish this are was a bit wider though. Try to use Pan knob by boz digital on the guitars, it has a wider sound the normal panning, sometimes works very well.
(27-11-2021, 11:52 PM)crownoise Wrote: This is a nice mix i think. It has a bit shy high mids some how, i like the deepness and i totally get why you went this way, the song was calling for a beefier sound. Maybe you could boost the highmids into some fxs, or dists in combo somehow to make the sidechannels a tiny more interresting without making it sound less rock sounding.

Edit: listening to the last mix, very nice high mids here Smile Wish this are was a bit wider though. Try to use Pan knob by boz digital on the guitars, it has a wider sound the normal panning, sometimes works very well.
I tried what you told me and it did bring out the guitar parts without dominating over the mix.  I hope you enjoy the new mix and I think its more exciting.

.mp3    Don\'t Care 4m.mp3 --  (Download: 6.19 MB)

Yes man i like this mix alot better nice one Smile You altered the first ones aswell right? remember it being more mono pre those aswelll.
I agree, the last one is definitely the best.
--------
Opinions are like Farts, everyone else's stinks
The last is the best.
To my tase, just a little cutting on the mids (about 1Khz) to the Bass.