Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dont Care
hye.. please listen my mix and comment or please give me some advice for  my improvement in my work on mixing... im so sorry if any mistake in my mix... hehehe

.mp3    I Donr Care.mp3 --  (Download: 6.16 MB)

Hi!

The balance of this feels a bit off to me. The guitars and backing vocals do feel quite distant at times compared to the lead vocal, I think in part due to the amount of reverb/delay on them. If you have a lot of reverb on things I find it tends to push things back in the mix, which may not always be what you want.

My tip would be to maybe start off by balancing the mix with just the kick,snare,bass and lead vocal (the things panned up the middle) and get that sounding good. Next, you can pan the guitars hard left and right (or 80% left and 80% right) and bring them up so they feel right - for me the trick is to get the guitars present, but not drowning the kick and the vocal. Then you can bring in the backing vocals etc. These kind of tracks are quite difficult to mix and balance, and thought this might help a little?

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!