Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shortwave Radioband - Don't Care
Really had fun mixing this one! The drums were recorded well! Missed a little room sound so added some reverb and such.
Worked a while on getting the guitars to sit right in the mix, did some eq some compression.

I hope you like it.

.mp3    I Dont Care.mp3 --  (Download: 6.19 MB)

.mp3    I Dont Care (mastered).mp3 --  (Download: 6.25 MB)

My Gear:

Studio One 4
Focusrite Saffire
Art Stereo compressor
Qcon controller
Yamaha HS8 monitors
Beyer Dynamic DT770 pro
Soundtracs Topaz 24 analog mixer
Hey brady, a balanced mix but a bit dry. I think maybe play around a bit with delays and reverbs and have some fun with that and see where you end up to make it a bit bigger, this can actually help the loudness aswell, somehow it sometimes seems easier to master a bigger mix, atleast makes me focus more on the volume instead of making it deeper. I think the master could benefit from some tiny distortion, try this one https://www.meldaproduction.com/MSaturator. Its free and sound really good Smile. also it feels a tiny svooped in bass and highend, think that the compressor or limiter are hitting hard on the super highs, so try eq a smile curve into this plugin i linked and i think its gonna get louder there aswell in a more powerfull way which this song needs. The vocal is sounding really good.
(13-11-2021, 01:18 PM)crownoise Wrote: Hey brady, a balanced mix but a bit dry. I think maybe play around a bit with delays and reverbs and have some fun with that and see where you end up to make it a bit bigger, this can actually help the loudness aswell, somehow it sometimes seems easier to master a bigger mix, atleast makes me focus more on the volume instead of making it deeper. I think the master could benefit from some tiny distortion, try this one https://www.meldaproduction.com/MSaturator. Its free and sound really good Smile. also it feels a tiny svooped in bass and highend, think that the compressor or limiter are hitting hard on the super highs, so try eq a smile curve into this plugin i linked and i think its gonna get louder there aswell in a more powerfull way which this song needs. The vocal is sounding really good.

Hey, crownoise thanks for listening and the feedback! I made a mastered v2 version and i changed some things you mentioned.
My Gear:

Studio One 4
Focusrite Saffire
Art Stereo compressor
Qcon controller
Yamaha HS8 monitors
Beyer Dynamic DT770 pro
(13-11-2021, 05:10 PM)brady85 Wrote:
(13-11-2021, 01:18 PM)crownoise Wrote: Hey brady, a balanced mix but a bit dry. I think maybe play around a bit with delays and reverbs and have some fun with that and see where you end up to make it a bit bigger, this can actually help the loudness aswell, somehow it sometimes seems easier to master a bigger mix, atleast makes me focus more on the volume instead of making it deeper. I think the master could benefit from some tiny distortion, try this one https://www.meldaproduction.com/MSaturator. Its free and sound really good Smile. also it feels a tiny svooped in bass and highend, think that the compressor or limiter are hitting hard on the super highs, so try eq a smile curve into this plugin i linked and i think its gonna get louder there aswell in a more powerfull way which this song needs. The vocal is sounding really good.

Hey, crownoise thanks for listening and the feedback! I made a mastered v2 version and i changed some things you mentioned.
I like the second mix and master better, think some tweaking after bringing highs up in kick to not make it so clicky would be good to apply. Still missing a bit bass, try add extra bell around bass freqs on master then and see if it gets bigger down there (this is my own opinion, i like the clean and modern sound you got now though, works perfectly fine, i thought the more "vintage" sound was a tad more boring you had going in first one).
Nice job Brady, really like the vocals! Looking forward to hearing more!
(18-11-2021, 04:43 PM)trading_pieces Wrote: Nice job Brady, really like the vocals! Looking forward to hearing more!
thanks for the kind words!
My Gear:

Studio One 4
Focusrite Saffire
Art Stereo compressor
Qcon controller
Yamaha HS8 monitors
Beyer Dynamic DT770 pro