Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bobby Nobody - Stitch Up
Hi,

My mix.

(I wasn't quite brave enough to add the additional parts required to give it the same impact as the library mix).

Cheers!

Update: Had another go at it - mix _2 added.

.mp3    Bobby Nobody - Stitch Up.mp3 --  (Download: 8.18 MB)

.mp3    Bobby Nobody - Stitch Up_2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.12 MB)

Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
This is a nice mix , drums and vocals are perfect loving the ride cymbal but the guitars just feels like its constantly falling apart especially in the chorus and the bass has this 400-700hz bonk or plastic sound that's cutting through but its coming through really badly in the intro causing a muddy kinda feeling. Anyway all that needs attention are the guitars and this mix is golden.

Cheers!
Thanks for the notes, much appreciated! Yes I get what you mean. Not sure if I will tweak this mix, or try starting over and have another stab at it. The guitars are certainly the most challenging aspect of this one.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Hi,

Had another go at it. Mix _2 added.

Cheers!
That's a really nice mix. Loved the intro. If I was to be really nit-picky, the 'now or never' vocals could do with a bit more level; other than that, the mix is great.
Please consider becoming a patron of Cambridge Music Technology to help Mike keep this Awesome Educational Site Alive! -- https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts
Hi!

More than happy for you to nit pick away Smile. Thanks for checking it out and commenting.

I remember I tried really quite hard on this one! Think it was one of those mixes where I learned a whole lot along the way, but didn't quite manage to get to the result I was looking for. I find I do really get a lot out of really analysing some of Mike's mixes where he moves stuff around a bit and adds parts, etc and how that impacts and switches up the track.

Oh, I actually did have a go at adding in the additonal piano parts on the second mix too. (Korg M1 piano too Haha).

Cheers!