Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Psychopath - final version
Used Acustica's Jade2 B EQ, SSL Bus Comp 2, SSL Fusion and Weiss Maximizer.
Any feedback is welcome. Cheers

.mp3    The Psychopath-final version.mp3 --  (Download: 11.12 MB)

(11-11-2021, 07:55 AM)MakeMixingGreatAgain Wrote: Used Acustica's Jade2 B EQ, SSL Bus Comp 2, SSL Fusion and Weiss Maximizer.
Fantastic Mix! I really love how punchy the drums are, And the main guitars have such a nice soft feel, but very big sounding. Lots of nice tones. If I would change anything, I would just give the orchestra more volume, maybe some more presence so it fits in more with the music. Also the clean guitar during the breakdown maybe slightly to loud somewhere in the 800-1200hz range, it masks the solo guitar and drum sound somewhat. Without changing any of that the mix is still sounds great. I bet that Jade 2 EQ sounds lovely, I have a few Acoustica plugins but I rarely use them. I can only use about 2 at a time before my computer isn't having it haha
(11-11-2021, 08:51 AM)401kBC Wrote:
(11-11-2021, 07:55 AM)MakeMixingGreatAgain Wrote: Used Acustica's Jade2 B EQ, SSL Bus Comp 2, SSL Fusion and Weiss Maximizer.
Fantastic Mix! I really love how punchy the drums are, And the main guitars have such a nice soft feel, but very big sounding. Lots of nice tones. If I would change anything, I would just give the orchestra more volume, maybe some more presence so it fits in more with the music. Also the clean guitar during the breakdown maybe slightly to loud somewhere in the 800-1200hz range, it masks the solo guitar and drum sound somewhat. Without changing any of that the mix is still sounds great. I bet that Jade 2 EQ sounds lovely, I have a few Acoustica plugins but I rarely use them. I can only use about 2 at a time before my computer isn't having it haha
I really appreciate the detailed feedback, but there is nothing I could do to elements inside the mix, just mastered the publicly available unmastered mix. Took me quite a few tries to make it sound the way I wanted. Acustica's plugins are CPU hungry indeed, but modern laptops with at least Ryzen 4000-5000 doing well, especially in Reaper with set bigger buffer.
(11-11-2021, 09:23 AM)MakeMixingGreatAgain Wrote:
(11-11-2021, 08:51 AM)401kBC Wrote:
I really appreciate the detailed feedback, but there is nothing I could do to elements inside the mix, just mastered the publicly available unmastered mix. Took me quite a few tries to make it sound the way I wanted. Acustica's plugins are CPU hungry indeed, but modern laptops with at least Ryzen 4000-5000 doing well, especially in Reaper with set bigger buffer.
Oh I see whoops lol Well your mastering job was very nice, definitely fit the vibe of the song very well. I'm using reaper and an ancient laptop with some old quad AMD chip that's been kicking it for at least 10 years now haha
Interesting to hear your master of the provided mix, as I have been working on mixing this one, I hope to post soon.

The mix provided sounds cool to me, nice forward guitar tones, the drums are tight but way too far back in the mix for my taste. I guess the mix vision was to feature the guitars up front, which is fair enough, it works.

Your master though brings the mix to life. I realise how dull the mix was, I think you have retained the vibe with this master and really opened it up. I want to hear more low end though, bit more 60Hz energy in the kick perhaps. Although, the mix is all about the guitar sound. My mix approach is a bigger drum sound. Maybe you should master it!

Cheers.
(02-02-2022, 09:42 PM)Maverelli Wrote: Interesting to hear your master of the provided mix, as I have been working on mixing this one, I hope to post soon.

The mix provided sounds cool to me, nice forward guitar tones, the drums are tight but way too far back in the mix for my taste. I guess the mix vision was to feature the guitars up front, which is fair enough, it works.

Your master though brings the mix to life. I realise how dull the mix was, I think you have retained the vibe with this master and really opened it up. I want to hear more low end though, bit more 60Hz energy in the kick perhaps.  Although, the mix is all about the guitar sound. My mix approach is a bigger drum sound. Maybe you should master it!

Cheers.
It's definitely about the mix itself. It would probably need some advanced multi-band dynamic processing to be able to have both heavier drums and present guitars, at least in this case. GL mixing, let me know when you post it