Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jack Hutcheson: 'The Psychopath' - GPs Mix
Hi this is my mix on this great instrumental song.
Had a lot fun mixing this.

Version 2 has a bit less transients, all a bit smoother.

.mp3    JackHutcheson - ThePsychopath - GPs Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 11.05 MB)

.mp3    JackHutcheson - ThePsychopath - GPs Mix Version 2.mp3 --  (Download: 11.05 MB)

Hi Pal.
i like the little/subble atmosphere in the intro/outro
The rhythm guitar and the solo's sounds good
The orchestral sounds a bit shy in most of parts but it's nice placed
It will be nice to hear (for me) a bit more detail on the overs and H.H
and don't know but (for me) the kick sounds a bit strange
Cheers!
(07-11-2021, 09:38 PM)Unknow Mixer Wrote: Hi Pal.
i like the little/subble atmosphere in the intro/outro
The rhythm guitar and the solo's sounds good
The orchestral sounds a bit shy in most of parts but it's nice placed
It will be nice to hear (for me) a bit more detail on the overs and H.H
and don't know but (for me) the kick sounds a bit strange
Cheers!
Thanx for your feedback!  Smile
Listening to version 2, the toms sound powerful but maybe like Unknown says cutting the kick for them thins the kick out too much, but saying that everything is clearly audible so it would be to taste i guess, the strings sound alot better now, good mix
(08-11-2021, 03:59 PM)Ys Man Wrote: Listening to version 2, the toms sound powerful but maybe like Unknown says cutting the kick for them thins the kick out too much, but saying that everything is clearly audible so it would be to taste i guess, the strings sound alot better now, good mix
Hi Y's Man,
thanx for taking time for listening and for your good objective comments on this.
To the strings: didn't change anything to them Smile , still the same, but it could be that they come through a bit better because of cutting a bit the transients in Version 2. 
To the Kick: i want it exact in this way, because i want a different to the normal used thinner "Pock" kick in this genre, i want it a bit more massive with more punch in the lower region. the same with the snare, mixed a more punchy massive snare then the normal "Pock" snare used in this genre.
(08-11-2021, 04:24 PM)GP-Mix Wrote:
(08-11-2021, 03:59 PM)Y Wrote: Listening to version 2, the toms sound powerful but maybe like Unknown says cutting the kick for them thins the kick out too much, but saying that everything is clearly audible so it would be to taste i guess, the strings sound alot better now, good mix
Hi Y's Man,
thanx for taking time for listening and for your good objective comments on this.
To the strings: didn't change anything to them Smile , still the same, but it could be that they come through a bit better because of cutting a bit the transients in Version 2. 
To the Kick: i want it exact in this way, because i want a different to the normal used thinner "Pock" kick in this genre, i want it a bit more massive with more punch in the lower region. the same with the snare, mixed a more punchy massive snare then the normal "Pock" snare used in this genre.
The strings definately seem slightly more upfront had another listen, it is very subtle though, with the kick it seems to drop off alot around 70hz i assumed you wanted to make room for the toms as they are very pronounced, it sounds punchy but lacking a small amount of bottom which is sounding thin and light, but not the very bottom, doesnt matter if you are listening on something with good sub bass but i imagine in earbuds the kick could be a little low,
Just as an observation from your mix and from listening to other mixes and your comments on other mixes, i'm wondering if there is something going on in your room. Some of the low freq. are heavy in your mix with descriptions of some freq missing in others mixes that im not hearing. I could be way off and apologize if to forward. Maybe mines way off?!?!?
Everyone hears it a little different....
House of Bedlam - YouTube
(12-11-2021, 01:41 PM)HouseOfBedlam Wrote: Just as an observation from your mix and from listening to other mixes and your comments on other mixes, i'm wondering if there is something going on in your room. Some of the low freq. are heavy in your mix with descriptions of some freq missing in others mixes that im not hearing. I could be way off and apologize if to forward. Maybe mines way off?!?!?

Hi HouseOfBedlam, thanx for your good comments and taking time for listening.