Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ShortWave RadioBand - Don't Care (Hein-Ivan Mix)
A fine song and for me a struggle to get the balance I wanted and without using samples on the drums. Anyway, thanks for listening and any comments. Cheers!

V2 some changes!

.mp3    ShortWave RadioBand - Don\'t Care.mp3 --  (Download: 6.28 MB)

.mp3    ShortWave RadioBand - Don\'t Care V2.mp3 --  (Download: 6.28 MB)

Hi!

This mix is sounding a little on the thin side to me overall I feel for my taste perhaps? The snare does sound a little too timbale like for me, and as such is maybe a little loud in the mix? I struggle getting snare sounds. I think with this mix you perhaps might be able to get a slightly better snare sound with a bit more balancing of the direct with the overheads and a bit more of the room mic? I might also be inclined to tuck in a sample or two also Smile.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
(05-11-2021, 02:32 PM)mikej Wrote: Hi!

This mix is sounding a little on the thin side to me overall I feel for my taste perhaps?  The snare does sound a little too timbale like for me, and as such is maybe a little loud in the mix?  I struggle getting snare sounds.  I think with this mix you perhaps might be able to get a slightly better snare sound with a bit more balancing of the direct with the overheads and a bit more of the room mic?  I might also be inclined to tuck in a sample or two also Smile.

Cheers!
Hi mikej! Many thanks for the comments. I do agree with you I'm not that happy with the mix myself so I'll try another mix later on and take on your advises. Cheers!
This mix is really good balanced. I liked listen to it, you did a very nice mix on this.
(05-11-2021, 11:46 PM)GP-Mix Wrote: This mix is really good balanced. I liked listen to it, you did a very nice mix on this.
Hi GP-Mix! Many thanks for that. Cheers!
Hi Heinim!
Good balanced mix.
Maybe, sometimes the guitars needs to clean at low mids and the kick needs more impact.
Anyway, good job my frined!
Cheers
Pep from Pepus Estudi
Bus-Comp Warm-Audio, Focal Alpha 80, Klark Teknik 76-KT, Klark Teknik EQP-KT, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, X Touch One Behringer, Arturia MiniLab mkII, 
Mackie Big Knob, Sonarworks SoundID Reference,
Cakewalk by Bandlab
(07-11-2021, 07:35 AM)supep Wrote: Hi Heinim!
Good balanced mix.
Maybe, sometimes the guitars needs to clean at low mids and the kick needs more impact.
Anyway, good job my frined!
Cheers
Hi supep! Many thanks for the feedback. I think I'll do another mix later on and see what I can fix. Cheers!
New version V2 some changes!