Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drag Me Down - blackcapaudio mix
Hi everyone, have been away from here for quite a while but I'm back. 
Had a lot of fun mixing this one!

I want to start offering up some feedback for people around here so I only thought it was right I post my own mix first so you can hear my tastes and whether you like what I'm going for or not.

Happy mixing all!

.mp3    Adam Buckley - Drag Me Down (blackcapaudio mix).mp3 --  (Download: 7.77 MB)

Updated with the jangly lead guitars taken down slightly and the bass fixed in the middle 8. Small changes but makes it feel more gelled to me.

Thanks!  Big Grin

.mp3    Adam Buckley_Drag Me Down_BlackcapaudioMix.mp3 --  (Download: 7.77 MB)

Hi!

First impression is that I feel it sounds a bit dark overall maybe, kind of a bit low mid focussed perhaps? I feel like theres quite a lot in that 300-400 area and maybe not enough in that 6k area. Perhaps just a touch too heavy sounding for my taste. Vocals could perhaps come up a touch in some of the latter half of the mix -2:25 to 3:00 ish? A decent mix otherwise. Not sure if that helps any or not!

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Hi Mike!

You're bang on the money with it being crowded around 300 - came back after a couple of days and you're totally right it is a little lumbering in the low mid region. I think I was liking the warm wash of the guitars down there at the time but they do need a little scooping and clearing up on reflection. I get too excited about things and just roll with them sometimes haha! I'll post an update sometime in the week when I get back to it!

Thanks for the feedback!