Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Rachel auto-mixed/mastered with home made computer program
Hi, I'm new here.  I am an amateur musician and amateur programmer and have developed home made software for mixing/mastering.  It analyzes the tracks and attempts to get a "roughly ok" mix completely automatically.  The idea is it is a starting point for manual adjustments (since mixing is ultimately a creative process!). For this mix I did panning and a few track level tweaks manually, but just very quickly since the auto-mix was not too far off. The software is not fully developed and I don't claim the result to be super, but I think it is not too bad.

The program does EQ depending on track type, high peak compression, reverb (vocals only), mix glue compressor, and mastering compressor and limiter.  Note that a big limitation currently is that the processing of each track is uniform across the track - if one wanted levels on a track to be higher/lower in a certain section or panning or reverb to vary, one would have to pre-edit the track in a DAW.

I would love to have feedback/suggestions!

PS.  Another example of processing a more complex song, in that case with no manual adjustments, was posted here: 
https://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/show...#pid113238

.ogg    rachel_Mastered.ogg --  (Download: 12.4 MB)