Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boat Ride auto-mixed/mastered with home made computer program
Hi, I'm new here.  I am an amateur musician and amateur programmer and have developed home made software for mixing/mastering.  It analyzes the tracks and attempts to get a "roughly ok" mix completely automatically.  The idea is it could be a starting point for manual adjustments (since mixing is ultimately a creative process!). The software is not fully developed and I don't claim the result to be super, but I think it is not too bad.

My program currently mixes up to 10 tracks, so I first made "sub mixes" of drums, guitars, lead vocals, backing vocals (a few were left off...), and organs. The only thing I manually adjusted was panning of tracks (only quickly/crudely).  Each sub-mix was then input as a single (stereo) track on a new project and the bass track was added.  The program does EQ depending on track type, high peak compression, reverb (vocals only), mix glue compressor, and mastering compressor and limiter.  Note that a big limitation currently is that the processing of each track is uniform across the track - if one wanted levels on a track to be higher/lower in a certain section or panning or reverb to vary, one would have to pre-edit the track in a DAW.

I would love to have feedback/suggestions!

PS. Another example of processing a different song that has exactly 10 tracks was posted here:
https://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/show...?tid=40890

.ogg    2BoatRide_Mastered.ogg --  (Download: 7.06 MB)