Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leslie Mendelson - The Hardest Part [Damian Oakes Mix]
A headphone mix, but I quite like it.

.mp3    Leslie Mendleson - The Hardest Part.mp3 --  (Download: 11.1 MB)

.mp3    Leslie Mendleson - The Hardest Part MkII.mp3 --  (Download: 11.11 MB)

Hi!

Pretty good! Really liking the stereo placement of the guitars and the detail of the fingers on the strings. For me - by way of polish - I feel the mix overall is maybe a little bright around that 6k area and could maybe benefit from a small dip there on the masterbus or so? The vocals could perhaps do with a little de-ess too. I like the air on the vocal but I'm not too sure if that 12+ area needs bringing back a half db so. It does add some nice detail and for me I suspect it will be ok if that 6k area is tamed a bit on the mix. Conversely the guitars maybe need just a touch less 300Hz ish on this mix?

Yeah. for me just dipping that 6k area on the masterbus really pulls this mix together for me - YMMV of course!

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Many thanks! I used your feedback to revise the mix. I did a 5k attenuation with the pultec I had on the mixbus, added a bit of low end to the vocals (they sounded kind of toppy to me on further listens), and did some more aggressive de-essing, including putting de-essers on the guitar tracks because of the bleed.
Hi!
Good job with with the 2n version. Nothing to say Smile
Cheers
Pep from Pepus Estudi
Bus-Comp Warm-Audio, Focal Alpha 80, Klark Teknik 76-KT, Klark Teknik EQP-KT, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, X Touch One Behringer, Arturia MiniLab mkII, 
Mackie Big Knob, Sonarworks SoundID Reference,
Cakewalk by Bandlab