Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kangoro - Rockshow
Hi,

I really can't get anywhere close to Mike's 'mix rescue' library mix (actually I think all the Kangoro mixes are great).  For me it really is a work of genius.  To me his mix really highlights the hard work you might find you have to put in to get a mix to the next level with any given material.  His vision for the direction of the mix, with the given raw tracks - spot on.  Mix re-arrangement, part muting, and numerous timing adjustments - spot on.  Balance and processing - spot on.  Also bear in mind that mix was done back in 2008, mostly with some of the freeware plugins available at the time.  It's not all about the plugins.  It seems more about having that vision and how you judiciously select and employ the processing available to get the best out of the material and really get it all working together and turn it in to a finished production.  Just the power of those intro beats followed by the first verse vocals honestly blows me away.

In my opinion it's really worth taking the time to check the raw material against his mix to see what he has done arrangement, timing and processing wise.  Some of the arrangement changes are quite easy to spot, I'm not so sure about the mutes and timing changes though.  I can't quite pick up on everything that he's done here.  I'm fairly certain that there is more going on in his mix than you might expect especially timing wise.  Quite the education. 

I've spent quite some time, and had numerous attempts at trying to crack this one but I accept defeat.. for now. 

I guess I'll be surprised if anyone bothers to read this far - as regulars will note - I rarely write anything more than 'Here's my attempt' when posting a mix Big Grin.

Cheers!

.mp3    Kangoro - Rockshow.mp3 --  (Download: 6.27 MB)

Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!