Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Edga Carolyn - Saudade Do Teu Beijo - Northern Soul Mix
Bom Dia,
when i here saudade i think fado.
This is Brasil. The duty remains the same: Making sadness balsamic and danceable.
Here is my try:

.mp3    EdgaCarolyn-SaudadeDoTeuBejo_rel_r1.mp3 --  (Download: 4.36 MB)

It doesn't have to sound good to move people - David Byrne
(26-09-2021, 09:59 PM)novalix Wrote: Bom Dia,
when i here saudade i think fado.
This is Brasil. The duty remains the same: Making sadness balsamic and danceable.
Here is my try:
Hi novalix! A very nice sounding and well balanced mix. Maybe the reverb on the vocal is a bit to cave sounding for me. Anyway, I like this one. Cheers!
Hey @heinim,
thanks for the review.
(27-09-2021, 12:17 PM)heinim Wrote: Maybe the reverb on the vocal is a bit to cave sounding for me.
Is that on all parts of the vocal track?
I 've a different treatment on the verse, chorus and the bridge part to the second verse. However they all share the same "room" (early reflections). So it could be something like opening up the low-passing of that room a little.

The level of wetness is one of those problems which are difficult to handle, when mixing on headphones.
It doesn't have to sound good to move people - David Byrne
(27-09-2021, 03:05 PM)novalix Wrote: Hey @heinim,
thanks for the review.
(27-09-2021, 12:17 PM)heinim Wrote: Maybe the reverb on the vocal is a bit to cave sounding for me.
Is that on all parts of the vocal track?
I 've a different treatment on the verse, chorus and the bridge part to the second verse. However they all share the same "room" (early reflections). So it could be something like opening up the low-passing of that room a little.

The level of wetness is one of those problems which are difficult to handle, when mixing on headphones.
Hi novalix! I hear it mostly in the chorus and yes, it's sounds like a good idea opening up the low-passing. Anyway, this is not a big issue, it's still a good mix. Cheers!