Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to Kill a conversation: "Mute" - Sarajevo Calm Mix
My first mix and master of this challenging track.

Overall I went for a funky kind of mid-2000's indie-post-punk vibe.
I like the trashy-ness of their sound but the snare and HH bleed in the vocal is annoying. I tried a few bleed removal techniques such as gating it (for waaay too long) and in the end, I couldn't get it smooth enough (there are snare hits on important syllables that just pop out regardless etc..)
In the end, I used a combination of dynamic and subtract then restore eq + added reverb to restore even more clarity (because everything above 1khz was the annoying part!) until it was not as prominent.
The guitars were also strangely hard to balance and the playing is sloppy in general...blaah [moan, moan, whinge Tongue ]

I hope you like it either way!  Big Grin

.mp3    Mute (Mix.1 Master.1).mp3 --  (Download: 8.42 MB)

(14-10-2021, 11:06 AM)SarajCalm Wrote: My first mix and master of this challenging track.

Overall I went for a funky kind of mid-2000's indie-post-punk vibe.
I like the trashy-ness of their sound but the snare and HH bleed in the vocal is annoying. I tried a few bleed removal techniques such as gating it (for waaay too long) and in the end, I couldn't get it smooth enough (there are snare hits on important syllables that just pop out regardless etc..)
In the end, I used a combination of dynamic and subtract then restore eq + added reverb to restore even more clarity (because everything above 1khz was the annoying part!) until it was not as prominent.
The guitars were also strangely hard to balance and the playing is sloppy in general...blaah [moan, moan, whinge Tongue ]

I hope you like it either way!  Big Grin

Sounds too centered, like its all in mono. Overall levels sounds good and I like the vibe of the song