Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lead Inc The Dice
This was fun and challenging. Really struggled with the snare so I ended up adding a sample with more girth. Had the most problems getting a good guitar sound so any feedback on that specifically would be great.

.mp3    Lead Inc The Dice .mp3 --  (Download: 14.01 MB)

(13-10-2021, 09:11 PM)Rocco Crocco Wrote: This was fun and challenging. Really struggled with the snare so I ended up adding a sample with more girth. Had the most problems getting a good guitar sound so any feedback on that specifically would be great.
To my ears it sounds like the guitars and vocals could be a little louder.  I like your spin on the beginning though! Smile
For guitars, if there are DI tracks I use Joey Sturges ToneForge (get it on sale though!)  I also use Gullfoss for my EQ, and to get the guitars all poking through I use DynaRide2.  Works super well on vocals and metal guitars!
Metal has been the hardest one for me to learn how to mix by far.  Things like Rap are super easy due to the few tracks and more dynamics, but the compressed nature of guitars are pretty hard to get right Smile