Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Never Let You Go - mix & master
This one was fun. Not used to mixing pop/edm, but I'll be doing more for sure. Let me know your thoughts.

Edit: V2 mix added to fix a few issues.

.mp3    Never Let You Go Master 1 mp3.mp3 --  (Download: 6.92 MB)

.mp3    Never Let You Go master V2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.19 MB)

Hi there ! the background vocal at 0:08 is a bit too far up in the mix. i would compress the lead vocal a tiny tiny tiny bit more. the drop is mixed very well, all of the elements are clearly present. i would turn up the lead chop vocal a bit though, so that it is more punchy and stands out as the main melodic line. i also think that the snaps/percussion elements during the verse are a little bit too present. during the back half of the drop where that arp synth comes in, to my taste it is a bit too up front in the mix as well, but that could have been intentional. overall, this is a very nice mix , you have a lot of good things going on here, I like !
(13-10-2021, 01:13 AM)PIERRER21 Wrote: Hi there ! the background vocal at 0:08 is a bit too far up in the mix. i would compress the lead vocal a tiny tiny tiny bit more. the drop is mixed very well, all of the elements are clearly present. i would turn up the lead chop vocal a bit though, so that it is more punchy and stands out as the main melodic line. i also think that the snaps/percussion elements during the verse are a little bit too present. during the back half of the drop where that arp synth comes in, to my taste it is a bit too up front in the mix as well, but that could have been intentional. overall, this is a very nice mix , you have a lot of good things going on here, I like !
thank you, I fixed them.
(13-10-2021, 01:13 AM)PIERRER21 Wrote: Hi there ! the background vocal at 0:08 is a bit too far up in the mix. i would compress the lead vocal a tiny tiny tiny bit more. the drop is mixed very well, all of the elements are clearly present. i would turn up the lead chop vocal a bit though, so that it is more punchy and stands out as the main melodic line. i also think that the snaps/percussion elements during the verse are a little bit too present. during the back half of the drop where that arp synth comes in, to my taste it is a bit too up front in the mix as well, but that could have been intentional. overall, this is a very nice mix , you have a lot of good things going on here, I like !

Thanks for the feedback. After checking the mix the next day I noticed a lot of these things as well. I fixed a bunch of them in the V2 mix I just added.

Cheers!