Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Never let you go ...the version I liked best
(17-10-2021, 12:01 AM)SonicTramp Wrote: I guess they are right when they say, "when a debate is lost (and we haven't even begun yet) slander is the preferred choice of tool of the loser."

Why am I a jerk asking questions?

Which word did I use that is "inappropriate" for this audience? Piss? How about the meaning of the sentence? That's language arts. Your censorship is killing the language. It's an expression. It's idiom. It's just a conversation of 2 grown men, me and the dude.

Did I use it as an insult? Did I use it to "corrupt" the youth? Did the dude complaints to you that I talked to him and poison his mind? No. None of that. Ask anyone here and let them tell me that what I said was inappropriate and I'll ban myself out of shame. But if you ban me bc of this then you guys are just a bunch of bullies. Yeah, go home and tell your love ones that you just bulled a guy into submission.
Relax man. This isn't a big deal. There are rules for decorum on the site. How about just reflecting and tone it down so this can be a better place for everyone to post and read (not just "2 grown men")? No one, besides you, mentioned banning. Take a breather and think about how you reply in the future.
(17-10-2021, 12:08 AM)Omnishambles Wrote:
(17-10-2021, 12:01 AM)SonicTramp Wrote: I guess they are right when they say, "when a debate is lost (and we haven't even begun yet) slander is the preferred choice of tool of the loser."

Why am I a jerk asking questions?

Which word did I use that is "inappropriate" for this audience? Piss? How about the meaning of the sentence? That's language arts. Your censorship is killing the language. It's an expression. It's idiom. It's just a conversation of 2 grown men, me and the dude.

Did I use it as an insult? Did I use it to "corrupt" the youth? Did the dude complaints to you that I talked to him and poison his mind? No. None of that. Ask anyone here and let them tell me that what I said was inappropriate and I'll ban myself out of shame. But if you ban me bc of this then you guys are just a bunch of bullies. Yeah, go home and tell your love ones that you just bulled a guy into submission.
Relax man. This isn't a big deal. There are rules for decorum on the site. How about just reflecting and tone it down so this can be a better place for everyone to post and read (not just "2 grown men")? No one, besides you, mentioned banning. Take a breather and think about how you reply in the future.
*That was what I thought, it wasn't a big deal. You guys made it so. I am always respectful of my audience, whoever I happen to converse with. And I respect your rules. I edited when I thought he was right (I did it once, not happily but nevertheless did it bc he was right). But you can only stretch a man so far, right? Well, I am glad we came to an agreement. And no need to tell Mr. Senior about this. No need for him to see me 10 years from now and say, "so, you are that guy, eh?" No need for me to bath in that light. Thanks. Cheers!
"We" didn't make this an issue. Mikej responded to your post on and I backed him up because your post made it seem like you took it personally. "We" weren't the issue. This isn't "our" rules. It's the rules of the forum as set by the owner of the forum, Mike Senior. I'm not sure what "agreement" was come to. This really isn't a big deal. No one will be thinking about this in 10 years. Nor 10 hours honestly. Just keep the language clean. That applies to all of us. It's not hard.
Thanks.
(17-10-2021, 12:32 AM)Omnishambles Wrote: "We" didn't make this an issue. Mikej responded to your post on and I backed him up because your post made it seem like you took it personally. "We" weren't the issue. This isn't "our" rules. It's the rules of the forum as set by the owner of the forum, Mike Senior. I'm not sure what "agreement" was come to. This really isn't a big deal. No one will be thinking about this in 10 years. Nor 10 hours honestly. Just keep the language clean. That applies to all of us. It's not hard.
Thanks.
*And you sided with him on what I said is inappropriate? Be honest and tell me that whoever reads my post will foam at the mouth bc of the word. And now you tell me to use "clean" language for an audience that you yourself don't know anything about. Anything else? how about clean thoughts? (1984). You strip the meaning of the word until it means nothing anymore. So is it ok if I use clean words to insult someone? Form over functions? And you yourself never utter such words? We have a word for it: hypocrite. There! it's a nice word for you.
(17-10-2021, 01:00 AM)SonicTramp Wrote:
(17-10-2021, 12:32 AM)Omnishambles Wrote: "We" didn't make this an issue. Mikej responded to your post on and I backed him up because your post made it seem like you took it personally. "We" weren't the issue. This isn't "our" rules. It's the rules of the forum as set by the owner of the forum, Mike Senior. I'm not sure what "agreement" was come to. This really isn't a big deal. No one will be thinking about this in 10 years. Nor 10 hours honestly. Just keep the language clean. That applies to all of us. It's not hard.
Thanks.
*And you sided with him on what I said is inappropriate? Be honest and tell me that whoever reads my post will foam at the mouth bc of the word. And now you tell me to use "clean" language for an audience that you yourself don't know anything about. Anything else? how about clean thoughts? (1984). You strip the meaning of the word until it means nothing anymore. So is it ok if I use clean words to insult someone? Form over functions? And you yourself never utter such words? We have a word for it: hypocrite. There! it's a nice word for you.
I'm not sure what you're not understanding. Yes, use clean language so the forum can be a place that anyone will feel comfortable reading and posting. The audience could be "grown men" or a crusty woman sailor who knows expletives in 12 languages or students sent here by a teacher from a school or...anyone really. It doesn't even matter. Don't use foul language. Don't insult anyone, regardless of the words used. Disagree and debate like adults would. I'm sorry if these basic rules upset you. They're not targeting you. They apply to everyone who posts. This isn't personal. If that's too difficult then maybe this isn't the place for you. But really the rules for decorum on the forum aren't hard to follow. All we ask is that you and anyone please do so.
Sorry if my previous post wasn't clear.  My post was in no way intended to be disrespectful to any forum member and I apologise if it was taken as such. 

Yes, as Omnishambles mentioned, it is simply a gentle reminder for us all to please mind our language, so that schools and colleges don't block the site, as per the (very few) general forum rules -  "The Three Commandments".

My understanding is that several schools, colleges and universities use this site, many of which may employ web filtering software that automatically blocks inappropriate content.  I don't think it is unreasonable to request us to not use profanity here.

I do try my best to deal with these matters in an appropriate manner, to be fair and respectful to everyone, and to help maintain the general spirit of this forum. 

Thanks.

(Apologies to the OP for the unexpected drama here).
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
I finally got around to fixing the mix. I have been doing other mixes for paying clients. cheers

.mp3    Never let you go Slate Murda 1.mp3 --  (Download: 6.98 MB)