Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On The Line
Here is my mix. Please give me feedback, good, bad, and ugly. Tongue

.mp3    James May - On The Line.mp3 --  (Download: 10.12 MB)

Lots of good balancing going on here, and some nice space and width effects going on too which I like. However, the chorusing/widening you've used on the lead vocal feels overplayed to me. It just doesn't seem to me to fit with the essentially acoustic nature of this ensemble, adding an undesirable whiff of 'studio trickery' when the directness of the rather understated performance sentiment feels like the most important thing.

In relation to that, I reckon you could probably bring the vocal further forward (which will be easier with less effects, of course). A bit more overall level would be part of that, but other HF enhancements might also help too.
Wow, thanks Mike for the feedback! I agree about the vocal. I think I read about a vocal doubling technique two days prior to this mix and I was eager to try it out... whoopsies, I went overboard Confused. I also gave myself a three hour limit on this mix. I have been trying to get better at managing my time on mixing.

Again, thanks Mike for the feedback!
hi nice balance. i can say i need more of the cellos and i cant hear all the parts, the vocal need more control hi's .
sorry