Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Timeless Part 2' Mix
This one was tough. A lot of instruments to juggle here. Had to spend a lot of time on the vocal automation since there were so many tracks and the lead vocal was switched off between 3-4 of them. Couldn't really achieve the specific sound I wanted, but I tried to.
Tell me your thoughts!  Big Grin

.mp3    Mekaphil_TimelessPart2 v1 (10.6.21).mp3 --  (Download: 9.26 MB)

Hello! Wanted to thank you first and foremost for doing a mix. I like it, the energy is really well maintained throughout and I like the thump of the drums! The overall balance is a sign that you paid attention to what would fit where and when. That's the key to a track like this! A couple of things I wanted to note:

1) Really nice bass and guitar tones! They fit beautifully without getting in the way of the vocals.
2) The vocals sound great! You really know how to get them to fit without taking away from them. This reminds me of a beefy version of the library mix, actually.
3) The depth is impeccable! Everything has a strong place.
4) Oh DANG that lead guitar tone. I freaking love it! I played the solo on this one and that tone is exactly what I pictured. You MUST be a guitarist because you have such an ear for tone.

The only thing upon my first two listens would be this:
1) The harmonies could come up a bit. They're a huge part of our sound. Especially on the choruses, the choruses are SUPER important to getting an almost crowd vocal sound.

Wow. That's about it actually. You did a GREAT job!

As an aside, I find it amusing that you say there's "so many tracks" for this one. It's about 1/3rd of the tracks that we have on our least dense song, track wise, for our new album that we're working on. The smallest song has like 72 tracks. Wink Granted, that could probably be reduced to like 64-ish if we moved some of the background vocals to absolutely minimize the track count. But I'm not joking when I say our upcoming songs have an insane amount of tracks.

Hopefully I can negotiate that with the label for the next release. I'd love to see how people manage those tracks and the density of the arrangements!
Anyhow, thanks for your mix. It's definitely inspiring. I hope to hear more from you!
(24-10-2021, 11:29 PM)aftercutrecords Wrote: Hello! Wanted to thank you first and foremost for doing a mix. I like it, the energy is really well maintained throughout and I like the thump of the drums! The overall balance is a sign that you paid attention to what would fit where and when. That's the key to a track like this! A couple of things I wanted to note:

1) Really nice bass and guitar tones! They fit beautifully without getting in the way of the vocals.
2) The vocals sound great! You really know how to get them to fit without taking away from them. This reminds me of a beefy version of the library mix, actually.
3) The depth is impeccable! Everything has a strong place.
4) Oh DANG that lead guitar tone. I freaking love it! I played the solo on this one and that tone is exactly what I pictured. You MUST be a guitarist because you have such an ear for tone.

The only thing upon my first two listens would be this:
1) The harmonies could come up a bit. They're a huge part of our sound. Especially on the choruses, the choruses are SUPER important to getting an almost crowd vocal sound.

Wow. That's about it actually. You did a GREAT job!

As an aside, I find it amusing that you say there's "so many tracks" for this one. It's about 1/3rd of the tracks that we have on our least dense song, track wise, for our new album that we're working on. The smallest song has like 72 tracks. Wink Granted, that could probably be reduced to like 64-ish if we moved some of the background vocals to absolutely minimize the track count. But I'm not joking when I say our upcoming songs have an insane amount of tracks.

Hopefully I can negotiate that with the label for the next release. I'd love to see how people manage those tracks and the density of the arrangements!
Anyhow, thanks for your mix. It's definitely inspiring. I hope to hear more from you!

This is probably the biggest and most thorough compliment that I’ve ever received on my mixing, seriously. I truly appreciate the kind words because I really needed that. Thank you so much!

And yep you guessed it, I am a guitarist Wink

Best of luck with your next album, looking forward to it