Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VMGY - Purgatory by NotJack
Heres my take on this one. Hope you enjoy! All comments/crits welcome.

Update:
After having another listen to it I made a few tweaks, The guitars/bass sounded too woofy so I cut some of the low end from them, which let me bring the bass down a hair. Also made minor balance changes after the fact.

.mp3    VMGY - Purgatory.mp3 --  (Download: 8.51 MB)

.mp3    VMGY - Purgatory revision.mp3 --  (Download: 8.51 MB)

Jack Hutcheson - The Dark Triad EP
Spotify - AppleMusic  - YouTubeMusic

My Mixes
This is a really good mix, and the revision especially made a huge improvement. All I can suggest at this point is probably just making a scoop somewhere around 200-240hz in the guitars because the snare gets a wee bit lost when the main riffs hit. That little scoop would free up snare fundamental space!
Overall, super solid mix. I like it.
(07-10-2021, 12:14 AM)aftercutrecords Wrote: This is a really good mix, and the revision especially made a huge improvement. All I can suggest at this point is probably just making a scoop somewhere around 200-240hz in the guitars because the snare gets a wee bit lost when the main riffs hit. That little scoop would free up snare fundamental space!
Overall, super solid mix. I like it.

Thanks for your input! Heavy guitars are still something I'm trying to figure out, every heavier mix I do it seems I'm mostly winging it on guitars, haha. Thanks again, I'll take another look over the mix.
Jack Hutcheson - The Dark Triad EP
Spotify - AppleMusic  - YouTubeMusic

My Mixes