Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Justin Myles: 'Alone With You'
Hello how are you?

Well although I prefer to mix Rock or Metal, I was encouraged to do this, because I felt that I had to change a little to clear my ear of so much distortion, well I hope you like it and as I always say, your opinion is worth a lot to improve every day.

.mp3    JustinMyles_AloneWithYou.mp3 --  (Download: 17.25 MB)

I AM VERY BAD WRITING IN ENGLISH, THAT'S WHY I USE THE GOOGLE TRANSLATOR !!!
Hi:)

I think you could improve your mix by brighten it up a bit. Also, I would make the vocal a touch louder and remove/change that delay/reverb. I am not a fan of the reverb on the kick but that is more personal preference.
If what you say is correct, also note that the effects mess up the mix, you should have EQ and / or automated them.
As for the kick reverb, I usually use one in general for the whole kit (my way of seeing the drums is all in a room, my way of seeing the reverb is as a whole) I hope I have explained myself well.
I will upload another mix that I am preparing where I will correct the effects
Well it was just like that, the effects bogged down the mix a bit so I applied filters, equalized them and corrected some volumes

This is the result, maybe a correction is still missing but it changed a lot

.mp3    JustinMyles_AloneWithYou 2.mp3 --  (Download: 17.24 MB)

Levels sound better to me. I think it's still too much reverb, the whole mix sounds washed out. Also, the delay at 3:30 does not really fit.