Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Secretariat - Borderline
Did this a few days back, but forgot to upload it  Cool
Let me know what you think

Cheers

.mp3    Secretariat - Borderline v1 R01.mp3 --  (Download: 9.33 MB)

MacPro 5,1 - Big Sur | UAD Apollo Twin | AKG - K701 | Reaper | LUNA
Hi filipandrei.I love your mix so much.You made a great mix but I wanted to remaster your mix .Hope you like it .Tried to make open ,warm,wider sound.

(Applied mid-side adjusments,some saturation effects,linear phase eq adjusments,tonal balance settings and mammy's magical hands  Big Grin )
Little details always gives inspiration to change your perspective
Hey Mammy, thanks

Love the saturation you've added, it brings the guitar a bit upfront and more present.
And also love the name of the file Smile

If I was to be a bit "picky" the same saturation kills a bit the snare hits, but in the end, it's a bit more glued

Thanks again!
Cheers
(29-03-2023, 08:57 PM)filipandrei Wrote: Hey Mammy, thanks

Love the saturation you've added, it brings the guitar a bit upfront and more present.
And also love the name of the file Smile

If I was to be a bit "picky" the same saturation kills a bit the snare hits, but in the end, it's a bit more glued

Thanks again!
Cheers

Thanks for your feedback.You're one of the great mixers in this forum and I feel you're good,gentleman,polite and friendly guy.I always wanna hear your great mixes here.
Mammy,

You're kind words just made my entire year, and I can't thank you enough for these
From now on I'll try even harder to "deliver" great mixes, and I feel that I have a lot to learn from, in this forum

Nice guys like you make this forum a pleasure to return too

Cheers
Andrei
(30-03-2023, 07:41 AM)filipandrei Wrote: Mammy,

You're kind words just made my entire year, and I can't thank you enough for these
From now on I'll try even harder to "deliver" great mixes, and I feel that I have a lot to learn from, in this forum

Nice guys like you make this forum a pleasure to return too

Cheers
Andrei

We need only brotherhood and love in this darkness world.Thnak you !
Warm, a really smooth enjoyable listen. I would love to know how you got the (first) acoustic guitar to sound so warm and detailed.

This is a great mix, hats off to you!

The performances are so dynamic, I found that the song can easily sound fragmented, you've really brought everything together into a cohesive whole.
Hey Mixologist,

Thanks a lot for listening and for your kind words, and I'm happy you like it

As for the acoustic guitar, I've opened my mixing session and my process was:
(first of all, I always gain stage my tracks to -18dbVU, so my settings match my gain structure)
- I'm sure that 80% of the sound is actually in the recording phase, so the production gets the most of the credit Smile

- All Acoustic guitars tracks bussed to an AC GTRS BUS
1. LA-3A (Reduction 6.5 / Gain 6.3)
2. Blackbox Analog Design (Saturation 26% / Pentode 70% / Triode 67% / Output 32%)
3. SSL Console 9000J (HP 90Hz / Hi Gain -2.1dB Freq: 5Khz [Shelf] / HMF Freq +3.1Khz Gain:+2.8db / LMF Freq 240Hz Gain: +0.4dB)
I also have a send to a parallel bus using some more saturation (Klanghelm -> and then DBX 160 ) this bus is used to add some transients, and it's blended just a bit with the main bus

Cheers
Oh wow, is this all in the box? I'm still impressed by the solidity of your mix.

If you have a sec would you mind giving my mix a listen, any feedback at all would be appreciated: https://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/show...?tid=46318 Bes as rude as you like!

Best,

A
Hey Mixologist,

Yeap, all in the BOX... Wink
Alright, sure I'll be glad to listen and give feedback to your mix...so I guess I'll "speak" to you on the other side Smile

Cheers