Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leslie Mendelson - "The Hardest Part" (TELEFUNKEN Live From The Lab)
https://youtu.be/LJHwWgsoSrQ
I don't know if you realise this, but there are a lot of Telefunken sessions on cambridge-tm.com

I'd be keen to hear how you would mix this session
:: Newest Mix ::
Crucial Taunt

Other Mixes
(30-09-2021, 12:08 PM)Saint Wrote: I don't know if you realise this, but there are a lot of Telefunken sessions on cambridge-tm.com

Thanks, I did know. But it wasn't detailed as telefunken in the Library, nor did the multi contain the Telefunken Terms and conditions......one of the Henchman messed up this month.

I also thought some might find the video useful for mike placements etc, hence the link Wink

Quote:I'd be keen to hear how you would mix this session

Perhaps a bit like this?

.m4a    Lesley Mendleson HardestPart MONKed.m4a --  (Download: 9.75 MB)

@Monk, thanks for posting the link to the video. I didn't know it was made and published. Very interesting to see and hear (after I've mixed the song myself).

If that video is the actual recording (which it certainly seems to be), it's cool to see just how little movement in her head while singing have affected the vocal at a couple of places in the song - which I can't "correct" in the mixing.
(20-10-2021, 10:41 AM)Henrik Hjortnaes Wrote: @Monk, thanks for posting the link to the video. I didn't know it was made and published. Very interesting to see and hear (after I've mixed the song myself).

I thought the video was important, if only to get a sense of what was going on, including the guitar tunings.

Where did you place her vocal? I had to go middle and wave the engineering, so this was very much a proof of concept version to see if I could get away with it.  She's the star here, after all, and I wanted him lost in the background - he can't be fixed :/

Quote:If that video is the actual recording (which it certainly seems to be), it's cool to see just how little movement in her head while singing have affected the vocal at a couple of places in the song - which I can't "correct" in the mixing.

It most likely could be fixed. Copy some good stuff and weld it in
(21-10-2021, 02:28 PM)Monk Wrote: Where did you place her vocal? I had to go middle and wave the engineering, so this was very much a proof of concept version to see if I could get away with it.  She's the star here, after all, and I wanted him lost in the background - he can't be fixed :/

Not knowing any better, I placed her center and struggled a lot, wondering how the recording was made. You then posted the video and things started to make sense to me - but my mix was done at that point. I agree with you that she should be centered, even though it came at a price, for me (extra work and phase decisions to make).