Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Song Of India Flymix
Very nice warm and smooth sound.

The bass sound could be more natural. Maybe little down in volume. Now it gives too much country sound to the groove. You might low-pass the di-mic and use the other mic for natural bass sound. If you do that, be careful with phase problems it may cause.
Very pleasing balance! Open and clear! The trumpets sound a little thin in the mid section, but it's nit picky! Great job
Oh, I like what I hear! I agree that the bass is up a bit much and maybe a tad on the floppy side. The guitar could probably go down a dB or so as well but those my only issues with this.

I like what you did with the reverb and the way you placed things together. This mix, to me, has more of a studio sound to it which is working very well the way you have put it together. I went more for the live, close up feel in mine and it is very interesting to hear the contrast in the way you approached this. Nicely done!
Old West Audio
Also, as I listen to this again, it sounds a bit clearner and more controlled than I was able to get. I'd be curious if you could share some of what you did to achieve that, given the challenges this recording presented.
Old West Audio