Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brian C Cai Fei Hong: 'Never Let You Go'
(29-09-2021, 10:37 AM)thedon Wrote: Hi Lucas ,
Thank you for your  feedback on my mix.
listening to 3 master and some things come to mind on my monitors.
The vocals could be a little more dynamic with less compression which is causing breaths and sibilance to be more pronounced ( I cheated and removed the Vocal breaths ) .
Maybe back off on compression as the vocals in the supplied multi tracks appear to already be compressed already exaggerating the breaths between words and sibilance.
As already mentioned the a little more work on balancing the transition of the volume level in the chorus and balance with the synths.
The Hi Hat high frequencies just need are popping out of the mix maybe just need  a little taming around athe similar frequencies of the Vocal Sibilance.
Cheers  Big Grin

Thanks a lot for your feedback!
Hey!

Listened on headphones only (sorry).
I agree with thedon, the vocals are a tad too much compressed in the intro. Don't know if the synth pads (especially that swelling pad) might be too present in the hook part (at least it seems to be too loud on headphones).
I have the feeling the second verses energy drops a bit too much or to suddenly.
Eh, I see everything has been mentioned already lol.

I like everything else so far! Smile
(29-09-2021, 09:21 PM)vrlnsnd Wrote: Hey!

Listened on headphones only (sorry).
I agree with thedon, the vocals are a tad too much compressed in the intro. Don't know if the synth pads (especially that swelling pad) might be too present in the hook part (at least it seems to be too loud on headphones).
I have the feeling the second verses energy drops a bit too much or to suddenly.
Eh, I see everything has been mentioned already lol.

I like everything else so far! :)

Hi Dan!

Thanks for your feedback! :)

I agree, the second verse was a bit weak, I tried to fix that in the new version (version 6). Also, I filtered some highs in that main synth.
I played around with the compression on the vocal, but I guess that's just my sound, lowering the compression takes away that "closeness" which I like.
I listened to version 6 and here’s what I found:
  • The FX sends you have on the lead vocal during the verses are too much and should be turned down or ducked.
  • During the verses, I think the piano could definitely be louder. I can barely hear it on my headphones.
  • The snaps could also be a pinch louder
  • The FX sends also become quite overpowering during the buildup. I think you are trying to make it sound more ambient than the verse, but I would say to back it off a bit so the mix doesn’t get as muddy there.
  • The kick could be louder at the buildups
  • The filtered synth during the chorus/drop is too loud.
  • This might sound crazy, but I hear some sort of clicky/poppy sound that creates a flam with the snare at the drop.
Hope that helps. Best of luck
(08-10-2021, 12:37 AM)Nick Wrote: I listened to version 6 and here’s what I found:
  • The FX sends you have on the lead vocal during the verses are too much and should be turned down or ducked.
  • During the verses, I think the piano could definitely be louder. I can barely hear it on my headphones.
  • The snaps could also be a pinch louder
  • The FX sends also become quite overpowering during the buildup. I think you are trying to make it sound more ambient than the verse, but I would say to back it off a bit so the mix doesn’t get as muddy there.
  • The kick could be louder at the buildups
  • The filtered synth during the chorus/drop is too loud.
  • This might sound crazy, but I hear some sort of clicky/poppy sound that creates a flam with the snare at the drop.
Hope that helps. Best of luck
Thanks a lot for your feedback! :)