Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ableton Big Band - Song Of India
Hello!

Really enjoy mix this recording, not easy when you got so much bleed between tracks but I had fun.
Let me know what you thinking about it and tell me what's good or bad.

All best Wink

.mp3    AbletonBigBand-SongOfIndiaR1.mp3 --  (Download: 6.93 MB)

Nice job Jacques!! cheers...
I like the basic balance between brass instruments. But it feels they are playing behind a curtain. But on the other hand in your sound there not all the annoying piercing brass frequencies.

Somehow I feel that the drums are playing in different space. Maybe if you just turn down the drums and put them also behind the curtain, you'll end up having wonderful and smooth 40's sound.
(10-03-2014, 12:58 PM)Olli H Wrote: I like the basic balance between brass instruments. But it feels they are playing behind a curtain. But on the other hand in your sound there not all the annoying piercing brass frequencies.

Somehow I feel that the drums are playing in different space. Maybe if you just turn down the drums and put them also behind the curtain, you'll end up having wonderful and smooth 40's sound.

Thanks Olli H,

yea I also think that drums could sound in another space and less metallic; I think I should go back and re-think the mix somehow I'm not happy with it Wink

Thanks again and all best Smile

Jacques