Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brian C Cai Fei Hong: 'Never Let You Go'
Here is version 1

Mixed on Ilouds in a small room

Version 2 less compression
Version 3 with chorus automated louder as Dave's feedback 

Cheers  Big Grin

.mp3    Brian C Cai Fei Hong - Never Let You Go V3.mp3 --  (Download: 6.9 MB)

.mp3    Brian C Cai Fei Hong - Never Let You Go =V1.mp3 --  (Download: 6.9 MB)

.mp3    Brian C Cai Fei Hong - Never Let You Go -V.2.mp3 --  (Download: 6.9 MB)

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Hey thedon!

I like your idea of getting a more compact sound, but for me there is a bit too much compression overall (i guess on the individual tracks, but I assume also on the master?). That's where I would pick up working on that mix first. But of course, also a matter of taste Smile

Cheers!
Hey Don! I really like the deep sound, sounds especially good in mono! Beefy Smile
crownoise Wrote:Hey Don! I really like the deep sound, sounds especially good in mono! Beefy Smile
Thank you

Cheers Big Grin

vrlnsnd Wrote:Hey thedon!

I like your idea of getting a more compact sound, but for me there is a bit too much compression overall (i guess on the individual tracks, but I assume also on the master?). That's where I would pick up working on that mix first. But of course, also a matter of taste Smile

Cheers!
Thanks for having a listen and the feedback ,you are right way too compressed.
uploaded a less compressed mix .

Cheers Big Grin

Version 2 is sounding great Don.  Love the build, sonics and the vocal stage.  The chorus does fall away a bit though.  It's like the compressor is pulling down too much of the overall loudness.  I does seem to be a common issue with this song with other takes that I've listened to.  Not sure what the fix is though as the compression effect sounds good and suits the song.
Dangerous Wrote:Version 2 is sounding great Don.  Love the build, sonics and the vocal stage.  The chorus does fall away a bit though.  It's like the compressor is pulling down too much of the overall loudness.  I does seem to be a common issue with this song with other takes that I've listened to.  Not sure what the fix is though as the compression effect sounds good and suits the song.
Hi Dave ,
Thanks for lending your ears I have uploaded another version of the mix with the Chorus Automated louder. 

Cheers Big Grin

(25-09-2021, 11:32 AM)thedon Wrote:
Dangerous Wrote:Version 2 is sounding great Don.  Love the build, sonics and the vocal stage.  The chorus does fall away a bit though.  It's like the compressor is pulling down too much of the overall loudness.  I does seem to be a common issue with this song with other takes that I've listened to.  Not sure what the fix is though as the compression effect sounds good and suits the song.
Hi Dave ,
Thanks for lending your ears I have uploaded another version of the mix with the Chorus Automated louder. 

Cheers Big Grin
Yes, this is much better to my ears, Don.
Hey, Don!

Brian C Cai Fei Hong - Never Let You Go V3.mp3

Overall mix is sounding great. The thing that struck me the most was the compression from those triplet kicks during the chorus section. Seemed to really overpower the compressor.
Niko
----------------------------
Latest project : Noise Implant
Some immediate thoughts on version 3:

- The snap on the guitar annoys me a bit
- Vocal sounds great
- Piano is a little loud to my taste
- I like the depth on the buildup
- The first hit in the first chorus drops in energy compared to the buildup.
- The acoustic guitar sound a bit out-of-place, although I would blame this one on the production
- The hole second chorus drops in energy compared to the buildup.